Reach

Hutchinson 

Bannan

Aarons

Forestieri 

Fletcher

subs:

Dawson, Thorniley, Pudil (or Fox), Jones, Boyd, Matias, Joao 

If Fox isn't 100% then yes, Iorfa, but putting Palmer at LB is going back to square pegs & round holes.

As for Jones over Pelupessy, noooooo!! - we're going to need players in there that are actually mobile

and can cover more than a square foot of grass.

Three from Joey, Matias, Boyd and Iorfa will be needed to keep the tempo going later on if we go for the high press.

9 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Westwood

Palmer

Hector

Lees

Fox

Reach

Hutchinson 

Bannan

Aarons

Forestieri 

Fletcher

subs:

Dawson, Thorniley, Iorfa, Pelupessy, Boyd, Matias, Joao 

That would be my team and bench as well. Play Palmer at RB where he has been playing well and put a left footer at LB. 

Every position picks itself apart from RB and LB, surely?

Despite Bruce only having a few games, I think we're more predictable than them with the team selection - they have a few coming back from injury so there are question marks about a number of their positions, and they could go with various combinations up top

But Wilder will know exactly what to expect from us which is concerning

I agree and like most of the lineups but, noticed a lot going for Palmer at lb. 

For me stick with the same team keeping the continuity, but either bring fox back in if fit or I know its not ideal, but would prefer thornily in at left back. He's been playing well at the back and natural left footer as Palmer will struggle for me on his wrong side. 

47 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

If Fox isn't 100% then yes, Iorfa, but putting Palmer at LB is going back to square pegs & round holes.

As for Jones over Pelupessy, noooooo!! - we're going to need players in there that are actually mobile

and can cover more than a square foot of grass.

Three from Joey, Matias, Boyd and Iorfa will be needed to keep the tempo going later on if we go for the high press.

Fair enough about Jones I was just avoiding picking Joey as I don’t rate him at all. In fact i’d rather see a highly rated youngster like Liam Shaw or Conor Grant on the bench. 

Edited by Southie_Owl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Fair enough about Jones I was just avoiding picking Joey as I don’t rate him at all. In fact i’d rather see a highly rated youngster like Liam Shaw or Conor Grant on the bench. 

Pelupessy does get about the pitch well though Southie and get's stuck in, which we'll have to do tomorrow.

I'm not sure putting young lads in (even on the bench) would be wise also.

All the lads are going to have to put a serious shift in, I feel.

34 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Any chance of Iorfa at left back? Would like to see him and Palmer on the pitch together, is there a reason we think Iorfa couldn’t do as well as Palmer at left back? He’s certainly athletic enough for the defensive job.

Obviously not a, Palmer was shoved to left back when Iorfa came on the other day.  

40 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

I can see casualties tomorrow and he'll be great to have on the bench... I rate him highly but he's coming back from injury and it's going to be 100mph.

He has been rock solid all year. Even against the blades he was an absolute warrior, I don’t fancy Palmer trialling if he can play there is such a high profile game. 

Just now, Woodie said:

He has been rock solid all year. Even against the blades he was an absolute warrior, I don’t fancy Palmer trialling if he can play there is such a high profile game. 

You're pushing at an open door mate..a game under his belt and I'd agree.

Westwood

Iorfa          Lees       Hector

Palmer        Aarons   Hutch   Bannan     Reach

Fletcher     Nando

Surprise :tongue:

Edited by Fuzzy logics