Steel City or Sheffield

Steel City Derby or Sheffield Derby  

294 members have voted

1. 1. How should it be known ?

• Steel City Derby
    • Sheffield Derby

25 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Steel city will win the vote but somebody will pass an amendment on owlstalk and the result will be ignored, we'll end up having another vote which steel city derby will win again but Sheffield derby won't be happy, they'll demand another vote till the result eventually goes their way and then there will be no more voting after that

P.S I'm steel city derby all the way 

ashley-olsen-boyfriend.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I’d rather we were known as the Green City these days if anything, but Steel City somehow suggests we’ve nothing else going for us IMO.

Still make special steels...and best in the world.

Green city derby...yuk, sounds like we only have parks going for us :biggrin:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, RichieB said:

The sheffieldwednesdayarebiggeroldermoresuccessfulthanthempiggycunts derby 

Got a bit carried away there havent you...as if it could be something that long...would have to remove "are" then it could be a goer....

10 hours ago, Sham67 said:

How ignorant can you get, Sheffield v Hallam is the Sheffield derby. Has been since 1860, you can't ballot that out of existance.  Wednesday v United is the Steel City derby.

No pal

Sheffield v Hallam is the Rules Derby.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rules_derby

We're the Sheffield Derby.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

I’m proud of our heritage but it’s just that. ‘Steel City’ has a certain twang to it, sure, but it always makes me feel like nobody has bothered to look twice at Sheffield for the last 50yrs. Which is sort of true.

They don’t call Man U vs City ‘the Cotton Derby’, it’d sound daft in 2019.

I’d rather we were known as the Green City these days if anything, but Steel City somehow suggests we’ve nothing else going for us IMO.

Sure others will disagree, and fair enough - that industry had all but gone years ago when I was born, so it’s always felt like a throwback to me. Can of course understand why others will always feel more personally attached to it.

This 100%. They don't call other derbies by their industry so why should they ours?