Steel City or Sheffield

Steel City Derby or Sheffield Derby  

294 members have voted

1. 1. How should it be known ?

• Steel City Derby
    • Sheffield Derby

I’m proud of our heritage but it’s just that. ‘Steel City’ has a certain twang to it, sure, but it always makes me feel like nobody has bothered to look twice at Sheffield for the last 50yrs. Which is sort of true.

They don’t call Man U vs City ‘the Cotton Derby’, it’d sound daft in 2019.

I’d rather we were known as the Green City these days if anything, but Steel City somehow suggests we’ve nothing else going for us IMO.

Sure others will disagree, and fair enough - that industry had all but gone years ago when I was born, so it’s always felt like a throwback to me. Can of course understand why others will always feel more personally attached to it.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 1

For me the Sheffield derby, for them blades their fa cup final.

can anyone remember 6 or 7 years ago we were in the same league as the blades 7 points behind and they had a game in hand, we played them in the derby, beat them then won 11 of our 13 games to go up automatic and the blades failed in the play offs. We signed Antonio on loan now we have Aaron's the modern day equivalent.

believe you never know what could happen.

WAWAW 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

For me the Sheffield derby, for them blades their fa cup final.

can anyone remember 6 or 7 years ago we were in the same league as the blades 7 points behind and they had a game in hand, we played them in the derby, beat them then won 11 of our 13 games to go up automatic and the blades failed in the play offs. We signed Antonio on loan now we have Aaron's the modern day equivalent.

believe you never know what could happen.

WAWAW 

Surely history couldn't repeat itself.

Could it?

It'll be fun trying. Let's have a go. 

Steel city will win the vote but somebody will pass an amendment on owlstalk and the result will be ignored, we'll end up having another vote which steel city derby will win again but Sheffield derby won't be happy, they'll demand another vote till the result eventually goes their way and then there will be no more voting after that

P.S I'm steel city derby all the way 

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, s73owl said:

Steel city will win the vote but somebody will pass an amendment on owlstalk and the result will be ignored, we'll end up having another vote which steel city derby will win again but Sheffield derby won't be happy, they'll demand another vote till the result eventually goes their way and then there will be no more voting after that

P.S I'm steel city derby all the way 

Well ah go to foot er ah stairs!!

Were ground cold when you got up 73?

benny_hill__46797.1396335545.jpg.8c84c98c1121128cbe86849c8478bbcb.jpg

• Haha 3