How massive is Monday?

The Steel City Derby is always huge for the city and its supporters. For some reason this one feels extra special with the Blunts pushing for automatic promotion and the S6 revolution gaining momentum under Brigadier Bruce. 

With the exception of the Wembley semi final and the “Mind the Gap” derby, this one feels right up there. 

Agree? Or just another game?

6 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Just another 3 points. United can afford to lose it and still go up this season easily. We are awful really, the last few results have just papered over the cracks. We are so poor that wilder could probably rest a few players for the run in, probably should in fact. Look at what happened last time we played em here, won at a canter. Last 2 games against em we've failed to score. 

Chris, if you're reading this, rest players. Wednesday are no match for your team of hard working spirited warriors who have pashun and do it for minimum wage cos they're blavdes and love the club. You can take this one easy. 

He will see this won't he? 

E2AAC744-4AD3-49F8-A691-09F274F29BBA.jpeg

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

The Steel City Derby is always huge for the city and its supporters. For some reason this one feels extra special with the Blunts pushing for automatic promotion and the S6 revolution gaining momentum under Brigadier Bruce. 

With the exception of the Wembley semi final and the “Mind the Gap” derby, this one feels right up there. 

Agree? Or just another game?

Every derby match is massive irrespective of league position . If the result goes the wrong way the dread of going into work the following day doesn't change . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archieswfc said:

Absolutely huge in my mind. Just a shame we can't sell our tickets as it's not gonna feel the same with loads of empty seats.

There would be loads of empty seats even if we sold our tickets

• Haha 1

I feel really confident about Monday night and I probably shouldn't be but I've felt for a while that there is still a story to be written this season. This season has a 2012 vibe about where we are down and out and destined to have the syrups lord it over us in a way only they can. We win on Monday and for Dave Jones you can replace with Steve Bruce and for Michail Antonio you can replace with Rolando Aarons and I have no doubt the momentum could well push us on to a place no one really expects us to reach? lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, archieswfc said:

Absolutely huge in my mind. Just a shame we can't sell our tickets as it's not gonna feel the same with loads of empty seats.

We'll probably be 1000 short by the time Monday comes. I really don't think it'll matter, there's still going to be 31/32,000

• Like 1

Guest LittleG

Let's not get carried away on the back of two home wins. Matches against the blades are always special (I don't enjoy them, too nerve wracking), but I wouldnt say this one is extra special. It could have been if Bruce had been in charge a little bit longer!

2 hours ago, bigdan2003 said:

For me it feels like 2012 all over again. They’re full of it, and been ramming the “mind the gap” phrase down our throats. 

You do know they started that?

They kept going on about the 5 point lead with 2 games in hand so obviously when we beat them and overhauled them as they capitulated hysterically we naturally and kindly re-used the phrase towards them.

They became brave enough to use it against us again last season but it fell away for them once more. 

I have a sneaky feeling it will all come back to haunt them this season too.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Pulsar said:

You do know they started that?

They kept going on about the 5 point lead with 2 games in hand so obviously when we beat them and overhauled them as they capitulated hysterically we naturally and kindly re-used the phrase towards them.

They became brave enough to use it against us again last season but it fell away for them once more. 

I have a sneaky feeling it will all come back to haunt them this season too.

Yeah I know they started it. They started the massive thing as well.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

It’s payback time for last seasons humiliation at Hillsborough.

Monday night is MASSIVE!!!

Agree with this, personally I feel the pigs are going up this season even if we beat them. So being able to say we won the last time we played them whilst they enjoy life in the PL will give us something to Melvin (Bragg) about. Hopefully they won’t enjoy life in the PL tho! 

• Thanks 1