Results Today

I hope results go our way today and then we plaster them lot on Monday. The table will start to look very interesting for the run in. 

Ideal results today:

Villa vs Derby (Villa win)

Preston vs Bristol (Preston Win)

Hull vs Birmingham (Hull win)

Stoke vs Forest (Stoke win)

All at home.

This would put us reyt in the mix. I know I'm jumping the gun slightly but for the first time in a while the belief is there.

The match against those on Monday is huge and even huger if results go our way.

58 minutes ago, Quantum Owl said:

I hope results go our way today and then we plaster them lot on Monday. The table will start to look very interesting for the run in. 

Ideal results today:

All at home.

This would put us reyt in the mix. I know I'm jumping the gun slightly but for the first time in a while the belief is there.

I’ve had Derby Bristol Forest and Brum all for away wins on my accumulator so nailed on to lose now, you can all thank me later lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

**Attenborough voice**

And so the  Quantum Owl takes his first steps into the nightmare that is predicting and hoping for results to suit The Wednesday. For years now, this has been a fruitless and frustrating pursuit for many many of his fellow Owls. Trying to hope for 4 results to go our way on any given match day had been attempted by many, but has rarely seen a happy ending. Last minute goals and total capitulations by teams near the top of the league are the natural predators of the hopeful Owls. Sods law rules this domain and incredibly, the Owls that circle above it are just as beholden to its power as creatures that walk the surface. An unlikely saviour in the form of Owl999 has stepped into the breech. It remains to be seen if his selfless actions will be enough to disrupt the normal flow of inevitability and ffs-Ness that accompanies non match days for the Owl. One can only hope that today he emerges a hero, and a few quid up. 

Brilliant. Well done LMC, I  could hear Attenborough reading this. :Sid:

Edited by Brommers
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The derby will tell volumes about our progress under SB, he knows how to use every second and how to slow the game down, well I’m assuming that he was listening when Ferguson was talking. All that we need is 6th place, hopefully not on goal difference. I couldn’t give a throw about the other results, some will go for us, some will go against us, three points against the blunts is all that currently concerns me, then it’s three points against Derby, and if we manage that the play-offs are well and truly achievable. lol

I honestly think we’ve left it too late so the only result I’ll be looking today will be hopefully a Norwich win to pull them further ahead of the Ched Scrubbers and really pile the pressure on ahead of Monday night.

As for all the others, what will be will be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quantum Owl said:

Ideal results today:

All at home.

Wishful thinking but yep we have to believe.

Just looking at the table and we need a lot of results to go our way, plus Norwich to win to annoy the pigs. 

Nobody is running away with it this year, it's almost like nobody wants it. The scum got a good win last night, and it pains me to say it but I was glad. I really don't want the pigs going up and the fact that they can't now go top by beating us has removed the fear of that happening. 

4 games ago we were told it was impossible. Too many teams between us and 6th they said. Look at where we'd be with 6 more points on the board. 

You're never up until it mathematically certain. You're never down until it's mathematically certain. We know that. Until we mathematically can't get into the top 6 I'm gonna let myself dream and have some fun. I've had a gut full of being depressed about it, time to enjoy the ride. Who's with me? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheRedanator said:

Can you imagine if we went up with this squad? We'd give Derby a run for their money in terms of lowest points total.

That being said, 3 points on Monday and if results go our way this weekend, we could be in the mix

100 million for getting relegated then parachute payments the season after. I'd take that risk. 

1 hour ago, TheRedanator said:

Can you imagine if we went up with this squad? We'd give Derby a run for their money in terms of lowest points total.

That being said, 3 points on Monday and if results go our way this weekend, we could be in the mix

No it wouldnt

Im glad you arent in charge as most promoted teams spend money to help them compete more

• Like 1

1 hour ago, latemodelchild said:

Just looking at the table and we need a lot of results to go our way, plus Norwich to win to annoy the pigs. 

Nobody is running away with it this year, it's almost like nobody wants it. The scum got a good win last night, and it pains me to say it but I was glad. I really don't want the pigs going up and the fact that they can't now go top by beating us has removed the fear of that happening. 

4 games ago we were told it was impossible. Too many teams between us and 6th they said. Look at where we'd be with 6 more points on the board. 

You're never up until it mathematically certain. You're never down until it's mathematically certain. We know that. Until we mathematically can't get into the top 6 I'm gonna let myself dream and have some fun. I've had a gut full of being depressed about it, time to enjoy the ride. Who's with me? 

Damn you....I'd just managed to surpress my pesky blue goggled dreamer persona... now I've got to live with the idiot for a bit longer..:duntmatter:

30 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

No it wouldnt

Im glad you arent in charge as most promoted teams spend money to help them compete more

Exactly, one of the most ridiculous things people say in football. Teams usually sign 6-10 players when they get promoted.