SHEFFIELD DERBY: Drones to be used in policing operation at game for first time

27 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Those south Yorkshire police you would think all the trouble they have gotten into with the police helicopter spying on people having sex they would have learnt their lesson.

I bet the drones spends most of the match looking for that women in the kop - you know the one I mean WTF:

2a11782b01ffd76492a17212ff12691e.gif

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, I.T.I said:

Drones are to be used in the policing operation at the Sheffield derby on Monday night,it has been revealed today.

The deviceswill be used in the sky aroundHillsborough football stadium on Monday night to monitor the crowds as fans head to and from the ground when Sheffield Wednesday play Sheffield United in their second league meeting of the season. 

Footage from the drones will be beamed to police chiefson the ground to help with the deployment of officers to where they are needed most. 

This will be the first time we have used drones at a football match and they will be 

“If there are signs of disorder we will be able to act quickly and appropriately.  

Mmm must be putting in loads of training before Monday. 

Might depend on your definition of appropriately!

6 hours ago, bradowl said:

Can they use em in bad weather? 

Forecast is very windy with heavy showers 

Any wind over 20mph will usually make it very difficult to fly a commercial UAV mate. The technology is good but wind (and rain) ain’t good for drones. Probably another scare tactic from plod.