Where do you think it might won or lost on Monday night

23 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

We coped ok the last two matches against them, down that side, to be fair. And we were a far worse team overall, & on a worse run of form too.

0-0 draws were the last thing everybody expected.

Yes thats true but we defended for our lives as a team which in some ways is fairly easy to do. If we attack we will be more open and i worry our left back will be the weak link. I hope Palmer plays there and transfers his current form to that position but I think it's asking a lot for him to play on his 'wrong side'. 

13 hours ago, Beholder said:

I think they will try to dominate midfield. 

I'm not sure we can match them at the possession game. 

We have to press them and be incisive when we win the ball. Hutch is key and others joining in with it. 

Don't sit back and defend because it becomes almost impossible to attack when you end up deep like when Jos here. 

They are a one dimensional outfit. 

3 months ago Wilder and his followers will have been salivating about coming here. 

But things have changed, whilst we are not world beaters, we are a  wild card. 

Wilder and co will now take a draw all day long, but now, can they afford to ?

26 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

3 months ago Wilder and his followers will have been salivating about coming here. 

They won't take a draw... it's not the way they play... Derby or not.

Agree about your other point.

46 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I don't think they'll play for a draw. But seeing Wilders interview on Sky tells me he doesn't fancy this one.

His interview on RS sounded like he was looking forward to the game and was going for the win. He was very respectful towards Steve Bruce but did show a bit of disdain towards Jos and Carlos

9 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

It what way are they 'one dimensional' ? I've heard a couple on hear mention this but I have not see  them enough to make a judgement 

FF not really hit the heights for us yet on his return from injury, understandable. 

I think he could be our x-factor on Monday. 

The slitty eyed miserable little chunt wilder, who is obsessed with us, has probably gone over our last 3 or 4 games with a microscope so will be fearing other players, especially Fletch. 

So I reckon it might be Fernandos game. 

17 hours ago, asteener1867 said:

We have more pace than we had last season...Thats why i would go for Palmer left back and play Iorfa right back.. I prefer Palmer to Fox..Palmer is in the game 90 minutes...Reach and Aaorons either side with Bannan and Hutch pressiing in the middle FF and Fletch pressing the front.

Whats the point of meekly walking into this one with a defensive mind set?...There is no f.ookin' point..We lose?...It will hurt, but we were hardly heading anywhere fast....

We win?..Not only do we put a spoke in their season, we ennervate ours...other  clubs stutter?...Owt could happen

Its last chance saloon for us...Lets not die wondering....Wednesday

After getting the balance of the team right, we're now looking at fitting square pegs in to

round holes once more regarding this left back issue.

Palmer played really well at left back on Tuesday but, can he do it for 90 minutes?

The other thing is, if we're going to press we'll need fresh legs at the back end of the game.

Having the energetic Iorfa, Pelupessy and possibly Matias to come on later could help to

keep the work rate going for the rest of the match.

11 minutes ago, TommyCraig said:

FF not really hit the heights for us yet on his return from injury, understandable. 

I think he could be our x-factor on Monday. 

The slitty eyed miserable little chunt wilder, who is obsessed with us, has probably gone over our last 3 or 4 games with a microscope so will be fearing other players, especially Fletch. 

So I reckon it might be Fernandos game. 

I reckon FF will be well up for this (is it his first taste of the Steel City Derby?)

On Tuesday he showed he was willing to work hard for the team - I saw him drop in to midfield positions

when Reach and Hutch were caught up front trying to press.

We do need him further forward though.

It could be won or lost before a ball is kicked. The mental side of the game is vital. Bruce needs to instill belief and passion into the lads. No fear just attack.Thats where the Pigs have been good in the past . If we get them on the backfoot early the crowd behind us doubts will set in and they could crack.

Edited by ZicoSterland2