If we don’t stand off and let them dictate

If our full backs don’t get roasted

If they don’t get one of their dubious penalties

If Reach doesn’t bottle tackles

If we cope with their (in your face for 95mins) policy

If we don’t treat them like Barcelona

We might get a point.....

3 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

If it goes 11v11 for the duration.. I can see a close game.

If..at any point.. they go two goals clear then we need to run around kicking them very hard and forget about the ball.

Why can't we just kick them very hard from the first whistle. It might not be football but it would be great to watch.:Sid:

11 minutes ago, Walt said:

The 2-4 game under CC was lost down the wings. They had 2v1’s against our fullbacks all game. Their wingbacks played like wingers and had the freedom to run yards unopposed and the lad Brooks usually pulled either wide right or wide left to make the overload. Carlos played a narrow diamond which played straight into their hands. Yes Van Aken was a bomb scare but that was not the real issue tactically imo.

Pretty certain the wide areas will again be key again.

Agree, we need our fullbacks to be switched on & not commit themselves too far forward & some pace down the wings to give their wingbacks something to think about. Also need a performance out of Fessi, his role in this should be to attack from an advanced midfield position & catch the defence unprepared. I reckon Bruce has got the beating of em tbh.

I'm trying to think back and struggling to remember Hutchinson taking part in a Derby game?? I'm sure Jos wouldn't play him away this season and he was injured last season, so missed both, before that they were in the pub league.?? 

My point is he could be pivotal, the crazy hutch being reckless and too aggressive could get himself sent of early and screw our game plan up and chances of victory. 

That said if the hutch turns up from last year when he came back from injury to dominate the Leeds midfield, with for me one of his best performances in a Wednesday shirt. All three goals came from decisive, well timed hutch tackles in the middle. Then he could also be our big match winner breaking things up and allowing Aarons, Nando or reach to counter quickly and incisivly catching them on the break. 

So I think hutch is going to play a very big part in our success or failure and is key. 

4 hours ago, owls maniac said:

We have to be very careful not to give the ref any excuse, because you can guarantee that Sharpe and Madine will be hitting the deck every 2 minutes trying to con the official.  

Sharp will, but I doubt madine will, he's too thick to be able to con even a referee, besides he'll be too busy trying to protect his "hard man" image,so will probably blindside, cheap shot a female Marshall to show how tough he is.  lol

In reply to the initial question, Hillsborough.

Now I've got that out of the system, I did notice on Tuesday when both Hutch and Bazza were pressing 

it left one of the Brentford central midfielders alone in the centre circle a few times, but they didn't capitalise on it.

I'm sure United would so we do need to take more care with the high press and everyone needs to pick up.

As for us, plenty of pressing and hard graft to nick the ball back then let the attacking talent we have do the rest.

A month ago I'd have been very concerned about the outcome, if we can improve again on the Brentford

performance I'd be very pleased whether we win, lose or draw.

2 hours ago, Walt said:

The 2-4 game under CC was lost down the wings. They had 2v1’s against our fullbacks all game. Their wingbacks played like wingers and had the freedom to run yards unopposed and the lad Brooks usually pulled either wide right or wide left to make the overload. Carlos played a narrow diamond which played straight into their hands. Yes Van Aken was a bomb scare but that was not the real issue tactically imo.

Pretty certain the wide areas will again be key again.

Them just running at us scared us to death that day.

For their first, I remember looking at Brookes when he picked the ball up and saw he was looking around for help,

got none, so he just turned and ran forward, to the side, back inside again and was never challenged until he reached

the penalty area.

For their fourth, Clarke just ran straight through the central defence.

I'd be very concerned if we saw that from this team on Monday.

We have more pace than we had last season...Thats why i would go for Palmer left back and play Iorfa right back.. I prefer Palmer to Fox..Palmer is in the game 90 minutes...Reach and Aaorons either side with Bannan and Hutch pressiing in the middle FF and Fletch pressing the front.

Whats the point of meekly walking into this one with a defensive mind set?...There is no f.ookin' point..We lose?...It will hurt, but we were hardly heading anywhere fast....

We win?..Not only do we put a spoke in their season, we ennervate ours...other  clubs stutter?...Owt could happen

Its last chance saloon for us...Lets not die wondering....Wednesday

Edited by asteener1867
  • Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, alanharper said:

First time we get one in our favour bloody VAR ruled it out... 

The Wednesday way in a nutshell.

It would sooooo us for the opposition to go straight up the other end and get a penalty....

Edited by Bulgaria