Where do you think it might won or lost on Monday night

41 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If it goes 11v11 for the duration.. I can see a close game.

If..at any point.. they go two goals clear then we need to run around kicking them very hard and forget about the ball.

We’ve all played in games like that...once had a centre forward chase after me right back to our goalie...nothing happened...keeper picked it up, I turned to go out with the defence and this idiot whacked me from behind...ref did nothin’ . After the game the others in my team told me “he was infamous for kicking people...oh and he usually has a shotgun in his car boot!!” Gulp !:sad:

Still we all hope Monday nights game will be a completely fair and foul free encounter, only to be spoiled by a totally inadequate and yitten ref (that word has just popped into my mind from childhood, means ‘frightened’ for the uninitiated).

• Like 1

They seem to struggle when they come up against a compact combative 3 man midfield.  They've been undone a few times by a 3 man midfield with ability coming from out wide. I think WBA did them with a compact midfield and Barnes and Phillips out wide, think Swansea might have done the same. I joked about it a couple of days ago, but I wonder if Bruce has thought about playing Iorfa or Thorniley at CB and moving Hector into a defensive midfield role, screening the back 4.  Bannan and Hutchinson ahead of him and then any combination of FF, Reach, or  Aarons with Fletcher up top.

• Like 1

Winning the midfield battle will be key (as it is in most games tbh).

I think they play a central three with Norwood in the "quarter back" role and Fleck and Duffy ahead of him.  We need Hutch and Bannan to get the better of Fleck and Duffy and get Forestieri buzzing around Norwood whenever he gets the ball.

Whoever scores the most goals will win on Monday!lol

As for winning, I think player by player we should outperform them IF - and it's a big IF - we turn up and really go for it like we know we can. The Pigs are where they are because of excellent effort and work ethic, some margins and skill, but mainly because of the two former factors... at least in my opinion. Match them on that and I think we'll have an even game we might just edge them out of those 3 points.

Come on Wednesday!!

They like to get it wide and get crosses in. We need to be aware of that and limit the crosses.

Also while they are decent I think they run more on confidence than skill.

They just go for it and are confident doing that.

We can't sit back. We have to put them on the back foot.

We have players like Fletcher, fessi, bannan and reach that are better than what they have.

We're the home team with nothing to lose so we don't need to put in another Jos style performance.

We must work hard to win the ball and retain possession, not give it straight away.

Players must win their battles against "their man".

We must be ruthless and take our chances when they arrive.

We must not allow ourselves to be bullied.

We must throw our bodies on the line.

We must run that extra yard.

We must get our tactics right and give their defenders something to think about.

We must be vocal both on the pitch and in the stands.

We must not give away stupid free kicks in dangerous positions.

We must get in the refs ear and influence decisions.

We must make our corners and free kicks count.

WE MUST NOT LOSE, COME ON WEDNESDAY

We might get beat. 

Just warning ppl. They are the most consistent team in the league right now. 

Also madine coming in has added a dimension. 

A win would be amazing but they are definitely favourites. 

Edited by Beholder

Press them high and stop their “legendary”, “world-beating”, “saviour of the modern game” overlapping centre-halves. You know, stop their tactic that’s never been seen or used before (even though Mark Wright and Des Walker did it in Italia ‘90 and Paul Warhurst, Emerson Thome, Madjid Bougherra and numerous other centre-halves over the years have done it).  

3 hours ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Ok lads where do you think it might won or lost on Monday night (wait for the first clever ‘ on the pitch’ comment).

In the last 2 games between us and that lot at S2 Joss made us difficult to play against by setting us up defensively but with no real attacking ideas.

I think Monday we have to be solid in the middle  with Lees, Hector and Hutch just in front, last time we played them at home our defence was all over the place especially Van Aken. I think Forestieri is must on the left side, him just being there is going to make their defenders think and he can cause lots of problems on the counter attack as their defenders are encouraged to get forward it could leave space for him and if he gets a run at them.  Joao scored cutting in from that area last season against them.

Nervy night but I’m backing us to win both teams to score 11/2  

The 2-4 game under CC was lost down the wings. They had 2v1’s against our fullbacks all game. Their wingbacks played like wingers and had the freedom to run yards unopposed and the lad Brooks usually pulled either wide right or wide left to make the overload. Carlos played a narrow diamond which played straight into their hands. Yes Van Aken was a bomb scare but that was not the real issue tactically imo.

Pretty certain the wide areas will again be key again.