Where do you think it might won or lost on Monday night

Ok lads where do you think it might won or lost on Monday night (wait for the first clever ‘ on the pitch’ comment).

In the last 2 games between us and that lot at S2 Joss made us difficult to play against by setting us up defensively but with no real attacking ideas.

I think Monday we have to be solid in the middle  with Lees, Hector and Hutch just in front, last time we played them at home our defence was all over the place especially Van Aken. I think Forestieri is must on the left side, him just being there is going to make their defenders think and he can cause lots of problems on the counter attack as their defenders are encouraged to get forward it could leave space for him and if he gets a run at them.  Joao scored cutting in from that area last season against them.

Nervy night but I’m backing us to win both teams to score 11/2  

• Like 1

It seems we now have an effective system to win games, so keep with that format.

I think bruce is wise enough to be able to see if things are going wrong and change it, if necessary.

Fletch is the key...

Edited by Lombado

I think they will try to dominate midfield. 

I'm not sure we can match them at the possession game. 

We have to press them and be incisive when we win the ball. Hutch is key and others joining in with it. 

Don't sit back and defend because it becomes almost impossible to attack when you end up deep like when Jos here. 

To be honest I am usually one for the solid spine winning games Westwood Hector Hutch and Forestieri, but I really think the key to beating them is going to be out wide this time.

Stay solid, stay in the game defend well then when we do get the change to attack, go with numbers and pace through Aarons and Reach in the wide areas.

Guest The Horse

We will win the game by picking them off and going at them with pace.

The last two games against Swansea and Brentford we've started to do this thing where we get nicks in, get the ball off the opposites while they're out of shape and counter with pace.

The way they bomb forward we can pick them off easily and be three up before they change tactic.

50 minutes ago, Jakes Grandad said:

Ok lads where do you think it might won or lost on Monday night (wait for the first clever ‘ on the pitch’ comment).

In the last 2 games between us and that lot at S2 Joss made us difficult to play against by setting us up defensively but with no real attacking ideas.

I think Monday we have to be solid in the middle  with Lees, Hector and Hutch just in front, last time we played them at home our defence was all over the place especially Van Aken. I think Forestieri is must on the left side, him just being there is going to make their defenders think and he can cause lots of problems on the counter attack as their defenders are encouraged to get forward it could leave space for him and if he gets a run at them.  Joao scored cutting in from that area last season against them.

Nervy night but I’m backing us to win both teams to score 11/2  

I'm no expert but will probably depend on how many times the ball crosses the goal line. Lol

They are very poor at avoiding offside (according to footie stats) they have scored loads of goals but struggle against teams who play the offside trap well.

We could use that to our advantage...if we are confident and disciplined enough. Very dangerous game to play I know but if we do it well, it will frustrate them and they will go deeper. FF will get the ball more frequently in decent attacking positions along with Reach, Fletcher Joao and Bannan we should be able to cause them plenty of problems.

imo it's a better option than a simple basic defensive set up.

Or we could just be up and at em from the off and gerrit forad reyt quick. lol

He will have them fired up, well prepared, eager to get at us, full of his hatred.

This means so much to them & Bruce needs to make sure that we are the same, unlike last time!

Can't make a start like we did then, giving them an early goal.

Hutch will have to be careful with this ref & they'll be diving around in the box as usual.

Just hope we take our chances when we get them!! :biggrin: