Andy Pearce

Guest ka58

Just watched the 94/95 season review video.

what a terrible centre half - will forgive him some for the goal against United but in that video he looks like a secret agent deployed to get Francis the sack.

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

He wasn't that bad

Just kidding, he was

:)) Theres about 15 goals in the last few months of the season which involve a centre forward running through on goal and big Andy jogging back 25 yards behind.

3 minutes ago, ka58 said:

:)) Theres about 15 goals in the last few months of the season which involve a centre forward running through on goal and big Andy jogging back 25 yards behind.

I remember us playing Coventry, who we bought him from

Their supporters were singing

You've bought Andy Pearce

You daft bar stewards, you daft bar stewards

He scored a cracking header against the blunts though

Edited by HOOTIE AND THE SHIT TU
  • Haha 2

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Pearce , Nolan, Atherton....................the start of the demise for me.

i remember seeing them for the first time , and comparing them to Pearson, Shirtliff, Anderson, Warhurst , King and Worthington.............. getting an awful sinking feeling in my stomach that after waiting years and years to see such a quality side it was about to dissolve very quickly.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

He had a reyt run in with Hirst at Hillsborough when he played for Cov. Hacked Hirst down so Hirst squared up to him. Pearce then stuck the nut on him, Hirst ran off and ref did nowt! Ahh the 90's, when football WAS football!!!

Daft as it sounds i think that was the day Francis thought he was the "beast" we needed.

25 minutes ago, mcowl said:

I remember a fanzine suggesting that as Trev was going away for a week he told Ritchie Barker to sign Pearce while he was away, but he screwed up and 

signed Andy rather than Stuart!

:wacko:

Should've signed Mickey instead.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, unkastav said:

And he never nailed anybody! I used to be desperate for him to chop a few strikers up for breakfast

gets the ball he scores a goal

andy andy pearce

Dunno about that, I remember watching him chop Andy Cole at home vs Newcastle for a straight red. Was only 9 at the time, so might be a little hazy on the details 

https://youtu.be/1S2kYGUqJ1w

13 hours ago, ka58 said:

Just watched the 94/95 season review video.

what a terrible centre half - will forgive him some for the goal against United but in that video he looks like a secret agent deployed to get Francis the sack.

I seem to remember the chant from the stands was

Andy pearce, Andy pearce andy andy pearce, he get the goal and scores the goal andy andy pearce. about two month later some crap striker from Newcastle call Cole had the chant changed slightly.

When he first signed for us was a bit of a cult hero but as time went on he just got crap. Seem to remember him taking a penalty in the cup, missing turning round laughing - fromthat point on he lost the respect of a lot of the fans.