Jump to content


Lord Snooty

Bruce - Wednesday fans realistic!

Recommended Posts



Big summer ahead. Sounds like a rebuilding job .

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

I'm delighted the way results have gone. The players have bought in. And it's happened quite quickly. It's been small steps.  I think people are realistic enough to know , sensible enough to know ,it's only small steps. We've only just arrived in the building.  There's a big summer ahead. We haven't given up hope ourselves. But we just carry on. 

Sounds to me like Steve's mentally started already planning/preparing for his summer rebuild. 

Though he's maybe in his heart, still daring to believe if results go our way he can still sneak us into the playoffs,but is looking at the situation as a whole realistically. 

I can live with that, keep that little bit of optimism while being pragmatic at the same time. 

  • Like 4
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He gets a free swing at next season for me.

 

Will be disappointing if we don't make playoffs at least next season, always am every season now, but i won't be on Bruce's case if we are just hovering around mid table next season.

 

He'll need at least 18 months and three transfer windows to build a squad. We need to come through FFP and then give Bruce time.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

The speed with which he brought in the 3 pacy players when he arrived highlights that he's seen very quickly where a lot of the problems with out squad lay.

Snoots old chap, he saw first hand in the playoff final what we needed and used it to beat us and was still glaringly obvious to see a few seasons later. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Just seen a white van in the car park

Big sign on the side of it

D builders

Started already mate

:Chansiri:

Had someone painted over Bob?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference  is Bruce knows what it takes to build a side and how to play to get out of the division .

 

Carlos and Jos just thought they knew 

  • Agree 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Snoots old chap, he saw first hand in the playoff final what we needed and used it to beat us and was still glaringly obvious to see a few seasons later. 

 

The supporters knew, the players probably knew, even Stevie Wonder knew what we needed - £30m+ later and we still needed it.

 

Took Bruce and Agnew a fortnight!!

  • Like 2
  • Agree 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torres said:

 

The supporters knew, the players probably knew, even Stevie Wonder knew what we needed - £30m+ later and we still needed it.

 

Took Bruce and Agnew a fortnight!!

As I said they didnt even need a fortnight they would have already known the areas we were STILL lacking he saw it earlier on this season and last whilst still at villa too. 

 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He gets a free swing at next season for me.

 

Will be disappointing if we don't make playoffs at least next season, always am every season now, but i won't be on Bruce's case if we are just hovering around mid table next season.

 

He'll need at least 18 months and three transfer windows to build a squad. We need to come through FFP and then give Bruce time.

Agreed, hope everyone adopts this way of thinking. It's not settling for second best but recognition of the building job ahead to get to where we want to be.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Bruce on style of play -

We’re all a bit sceptical of change. We all worry about it. Whatever your job. But the change …the lads have enjoyed it. It’s hard to implement it when you walk in the door in February but we've picked up bits. It might take a while but the lads have bought into it. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

He gets a free swing at next season for me.

 

Will be disappointing if we don't make playoffs at least next season, always am every season now, but i won't be on Bruce's case if we are just hovering around mid table next season.

 

He'll need at least 18 months and three transfer windows to build a squad. We need to come through FFP and then give Bruce time.

 

Definitely. Bruce needs 18 months minimum before we can really start to assess. The squad will look massively different this August and that will take time to settle and for Bruce to get them playing like he wants.

 

One good trait of our Chairman - he doesn't sack managers unless it's really, really necessary, so Bruce should get a long term shot at this - and rightly so.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

clearly the blokes never read owlstalk 

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Bruce's hands will be tied if/when we go into an embargo. It makes it difficult for him to bring in the players he needs to get us promoted. Personally I will be happy to give him a free pass until we are no longer under embargo provided he can keep us in this division.

 

Once he's got some money to play with the clock will start ticking. From then on steady improvement will be required.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

The speed with which he brought in the 3 pacy players when he arrived highlights that he's seen very quickly where a lot of the problems with out squad lay.

 

Just needed to look at his notes from Wembley...

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

 

Bruce on style of play -

We’re all a bit sceptical of change. We all worry about it. Whatever your job. But the change …the lads have enjoyed it. It’s hard to implement it when you walk in the door in February but we've picked up bits. It might take a while but the lads have bought into it. 

 

 

Our players are much better suited to the high press than poncing around playing it from side to side out from the back.

 

Much more tempo to the play now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to announce, however small Bruce assures us the steps may be, my giddyness levels are still in the extreme over the day/night transformation of Wednesday between 2018 and 2019. :D

 

Here's to a brighter future!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Just seen a white van in the car park

Big sign on the side of it

D builders

Started already mate

:Chansiri:

:Sid:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...