Bruce - Wednesday fans realistic!

I'm delighted the way results have gone. The players have bought in. And it's happened quite quickly. It's been small steps.  I think people are realistic enough to know , sensible enough to know ,it's only small steps. We've only just arrived in the building.  There's a big summer ahead. We haven't given up hope ourselves. But we just carry on. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'm delighted the way results have gone. The players have bought in. And it's happened quite quickly. It's been small steps.  I think people are realistic enough to know , sensible enough to know ,it's only small steps. We've only just arrived in the building.  There's a big summer ahead. We haven't given up hope ourselves. But we just carry on. 

Sounds to me like Steve's mentally started already planning/preparing for his summer rebuild. 

Though he's maybe in his heart, still daring to believe if results go our way he can still sneak us into the playoffs,but is looking at the situation as a whole realistically. 

I can live with that, keep that little bit of optimism while being pragmatic at the same time. 

• Like 4

He gets a free swing at next season for me.

Will be disappointing if we don't make playoffs at least next season, always am every season now, but i won't be on Bruce's case if we are just hovering around mid table next season.

He'll need at least 18 months and three transfer windows to build a squad. We need to come through FFP and then give Bruce time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

The speed with which he brought in the 3 pacy players when he arrived highlights that he's seen very quickly where a lot of the problems with out squad lay.

Snoots old chap, he saw first hand in the playoff final what we needed and used it to beat us and was still glaringly obvious to see a few seasons later. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

Snoots old chap, he saw first hand in the playoff final what we needed and used it to beat us and was still glaringly obvious to see a few seasons later. 

The supporters knew, the players probably knew, even Stevie Wonder knew what we needed - £30m+ later and we still needed it.

Took Bruce and Agnew a fortnight!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, torres said:

The supporters knew, the players probably knew, even Stevie Wonder knew what we needed - £30m+ later and we still needed it.

Took Bruce and Agnew a fortnight!!

As I said they didnt even need a fortnight they would have already known the areas we were STILL lacking he saw it earlier on this season and last whilst still at villa too. 

23 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Will be disappointing if we don't make playoffs at least next season, always am every season now, but i won't be on Bruce's case if we are just hovering around mid table next season.

He'll need at least 18 months and three transfer windows to build a squad. We need to come through FFP and then give Bruce time.

Agreed, hope everyone adopts this way of thinking. It's not settling for second best but recognition of the building job ahead to get to where we want to be.

Bruce on style of play -

We’re all a bit sceptical of change. We all worry about it. Whatever your job. But the change …the lads have enjoyed it. It’s hard to implement it when you walk in the door in February but we've picked up bits. It might take a while but the lads have bought into it. 

38 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Definitely. Bruce needs 18 months minimum before we can really start to assess. The squad will look massively different this August and that will take time to settle and for Bruce to get them playing like he wants.

One good trait of our Chairman - he doesn't sack managers unless it's really, really necessary, so Bruce should get a long term shot at this - and rightly so.

I think Bruce's hands will be tied if/when we go into an embargo. It makes it difficult for him to bring in the players he needs to get us promoted. Personally I will be happy to give him a free pass until we are no longer under embargo provided he can keep us in this division.

Once he's got some money to play with the clock will start ticking. From then on steady improvement will be required.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

The speed with which he brought in the 3 pacy players when he arrived highlights that he's seen very quickly where a lot of the problems with out squad lay.

Just needed to look at his notes from Wembley...

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bruce on style of play -

We’re all a bit sceptical of change. We all worry about it. Whatever your job. But the change …the lads have enjoyed it. It’s hard to implement it when you walk in the door in February but we've picked up bits. It might take a while but the lads have bought into it. 

Our players are much better suited to the high press than poncing around playing it from side to side out from the back.

Much more tempo to the play now.