Who Plays Left Back on Monday

Tactics are interesting for this.

Are we going to try and take the game to them the way we have the last two games or are we going to be more cautious, sit back and soak it up a la Jos, but not quite as bad.

If we are going toe to toe which I think Bruce will then I am not sure Fox is up to it. We have seen the back 4 playing with a lot more aggression and dynamism. Doesn’t sound like Fox to me

7 hours ago, boxing_day said:

Palmer at lb and iorfa at rb. Fox is the slowest of the 3 and with the way united overlap he can’t start, as he’ll get caught out.

Agree with this mate. Fox's lack of pace is scary. Against a side like them lot I think he would really struggle.

Get the impression that Bruce has been busting a gut to get Iorfa involved. Palmer's impressive run of form has meant that it would be very harsh to drop him and play Iorfa at right back. I think Bruce will do the same as last night and switch Palmer to LB and Iorfa to RB. Shame about Lazar (sp?) as he gave us something different. Our full backs and wide players are key imo playing when we play the grunters...at both ends of the pitch. The shithouses like to overload the oppositions fullbacks but do leave themselves short at the back to a pacy counter attack.

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Horses for courses.

Fox

If a Fox is a Horse, then I've been lied to all these years. Does explain my teeth though. 

The Forestieri stuff on this thread is utterly bizarre. Wittering, laughable nonsense.

Sticking to the thread, gutted if Lazaar is, as is likely, ruled out. He looked very good last night, and by all accounts in the previous game. Palmer at left back for me, played equally well at LB and RB.  Iorfa should be very close to match fit for right back. Fox if fit gives the other stable option at LB. 

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

I just don’t want Fox playing personally. He doesn’t stop enough crosses and gets constantly caught out of position. I’d rather see Pudil there.

Even though he's played in the last two derbies and kept a clean sheet?

Guest Jack the Hat
12 hours ago, gypsyowl said:

Forestieri if yesterday is owt to go by, the fact the rest of the team played so well papered up his pathetic attempt of a performance, clear CBA attitude, massive sulk on, should have sold him ages ago!!!

Fox or Palmer for me to answer the question

Wow! Forestieri is due a couple of goals. I can see him being the hero, or my names not Jack the Hat Mcvitie!

Fox,hes played really well of late,and his two outings at the lane hes done really well.

I can see the sentiment off playing young carlton down the left,but hes not suited there.its a headache we could have done without,Iorfa looks like quite some player but you cant knock Palmer since Jos left,hes been a star turn the past few weeks,and I was never a fan of his at all but hes made me eat mi words so good on the kid long may it continue

Edited by legendaryswan

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I still wonder if Bruce will be tempted to play a back 3 and match them up. I don’t think he will because of how good we’ve been in last two games but it is tempting.

If it’s a four as I’d expect it will be Fox if he’s fit but I’d put Palmer there with Iorfa at right back.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl