Hooper

I can't see Hooper being involved with the first team squad this season ... its a write off again ..

The only thing i could see happening is a chance for him to prove his fitness over the summer to earn a contract .. or possibly a short term 6 month contract pay as you play or prove yourself for another 6 months or a year ...

We should not be relying on him though and if other more worthwhile and reliable options come up then we need to look at them instead

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Howson saying that Bruce told him Hooper won’t be involved in the U23 match today. Really hope he isn’t bloody injured again. Would have been nice if Howson actually asked why he won’t be involved. 

He looked well short in previous under 23 game, team improved in second half when Damba was on as replacement. This is not surprising because he has not had many games in last couple of years will take a while for him to get up to speed.

he looked miles off for u23s ,remember hooper has had many failed comebacks since he went off at forest in December 2017 ,2-3 weeks of training and 45mins for u23s and he probably had another setback ,there is no way he will be on bench on Saturday ,and surely 45 mins last week in u23s aint wore him out. sadly we have seen last of him it looks. think bruce needs to do a injury update on everyone at his press conference this week. so many players seem to have just disappeared remember onamah whats happened with him? van aken? unreal that  we paid 4million for him. 

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

I reckon he’s been pulled onto bench for Saturdays game

No messing now - get him in, get him 20 mins on end of games and he’s extra firepower for last ride of the season

guess you didn't see u23s  last week? he defo looked like he aint played since 2017 put it that way. id be stunned if he ever plays for us again. 

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Howson did ask why he isn’t playing today but the answer would basically be giving away our team for Blackburn.

GO ON GARY

Not a chance.

But I don’t understand why Howson didn’t ask the obvious question, “Why aren’t you playing?”.

If Howson worked for the Washington Post Richard Nixon would still be President. 

1 hour ago, Quist said:

He looked well short in previous under 23 game, team improved in second half when Damba was on as replacement. This is not surprising because he has not had many games in last couple of years will take a while for him to get up to speed.

Surely the best way to get back to fitness is to play a part in the U23 games?

4 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not a chance.

But I don’t understand why Howson didn’t ask the obvious question, “Why aren’t you playing?”.

If Howson worked for the Washington Post Richard Nixon would still be President. 

I reckon he did ask, and he's injured again.

Doom will be saving it for an 'exclusive' on Friday evening.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Not a chance.

Sometimes the answer is just the most obvious one. Why didn’t he ask? Well, he did.

Gary Cha Cha Cha

Gary Cha Cha Cha

2 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I can't see Hooper being involved with the first team squad this season ... its a write off again ..

The only thing i could see happening is a chance for him to prove his fitness over the summer to earn a contract .. or possibly a short term 6 month contract pay as you play or prove yourself for another 6 months or a year ...

We should not be relying on him though and if other more worthwhile and reliable options come up then we need to look at them instead

When did you last see a 'pay as you play' deal?

It's just not a thing in this day and age when so much money is at stake and players/agents have all the power.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surely the best way to get back to fitness is to play a part in the U23 games?

Not if you are not quite ready, you just end up sore and in danger of further injury.

Winnall looked to be stiff or injured at end of last nights game. If he was not injured gives indication that still short of game time.

Big problem we have had is playing players when not fit and probably accounts for some of absentees from the side.

On 11/03/2019 at 22:30, fpowl said:

I think if hooper gets another contract will determine on Bruce’s trust in him 

I honestly can’t see with the games remaining there’s enough time for hooper to get back to full fitness and then get match fit and then on form for him to warrant a new contract 

Even if he doesn’t impress or have an impact this year and Bruce offers him another contract I’d be happy to be hopeful we can get him back to his best because he’s probably our best player when fit and on form or a very hard case to be 

For players like this, we should offer a pay as you play contract until they prove there fitness.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

he looked miles off for u23s ,remember hooper has had many failed comebacks since he went off at forest in December 2017 ,2-3 weeks of training and 45mins for u23s and he probably had another setback ,there is no way he will be on bench on Saturday ,and surely 45 mins last week in u23s aint wore him out. sadly we have seen last of him it looks. think bruce needs to do a injury update on everyone at his press conference this week. so many players seem to have just disappeared remember onamah whats happened with him? van aken? unreal that  we paid 4million for him. 

'Many' set backs. He's had one. Which they found he needed another operation to correct the issue.

He's training today with the first team. So no new set back.

There's two options, which option 1 looking more likely:

- Bruce doesn't want to push him too fast and will play him in the next u23's game for 60 minutes.
- He's looking sharp in training and with injuries he wants him on the bench for Saturday.

And let's be fair to Bruce, he's very honest and open with all injuries.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

'Many' set backs. He's had one. Which they found he needed another operation to correct the issue.

He's training today with the first team. So no new set back.

There's two options, which option 1 looking more likely:

- Bruce doesn't want to push him too fast and will play him in the next u23's game for 60 minutes.
- He's looking sharp in training and with injuries he wants him on the bench for Saturday.

And let's be fair to Bruce, he's very honest and open with all injuries.

with your name you might know more than me lol I follow swfc closely and since he went off at forest on boxing day 2017  he was due to be out 6-8weeks and dragged on and on came back I believe twice to full training the last been earlier in the season where he played a couple of u23 games one was leeds a. think he had more than 1 injury ,hip,knee injuries , he looked lost in u23s last week im pretty certain he wont be involved this Saturday ,maybe he had some tightness and felt sore after playing so maybe been very careful with him , there aint another u23 game for nearly 2 weeks so im pretty sure they would have given him 60 mins today if he was right. and yes bruce is a breath of fresh air ,no more lies no more tales no more spin ,so glad we got him ,shame we wasted 12 months with that clown jos after getting rid of the other clown.