7 unbeaten

24 minutes ago, james o connor said:

After ripping people all season for saying it ,somehow it’s actually a possibility ! 

Whilst im still pretty sure it won’t happen , surely you would just go hell for leather and hope for the best . We are safe now and literally have nothing to lose . 

Remember the stick you gave me before the Reading game? Too many teams between us wasn't it? If we'd won the 3 instead of drawing them we'd be pretty much top 6 today. This league is mental. Look at the pigs, lose or draw and they go nowhere, win and they move up or increase their advantages. We will be the same. All about wins in a row, 2 or 3 can rocket you up the league as we've shown. Glad you're on board with the positivity. Like you say, nowt to lose. 

13 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Remember the stick you gave me before the Reading game? Too many teams between us wasn't it? If we'd won the 3 instead of drawing them we'd be pretty much top 6 today. This league is mental. Look at the pigs, lose or draw and they go nowhere, win and they move up or increase their advantages. We will be the same. All about wins in a row, 2 or 3 can rocket you up the league as we've shown. Glad you're on board with the positivity. Like you say, nowt to lose. 

Yeah , I concede I may just end up with egg on my face ! 

I still don’t think we will , but to suddenly have something to shout about is refreshing . Didn’t go last night as was working but by all accounts we bossed the game . The last two matches is the first time we have done that . There is nothing to lose including especially against them on Monday 

1 hour ago, Maxine said:

I don't think the teams above us are going to start loosing many

I actually think the opposite is true in this league, Bristol City have just lost 3 games in a row and Derby aren’t performing much better.

On Saturday:- 

Preston v Bristol City 

Villa v Derby

Hull v Brum 

Stoke v Forest 

I’d be surprised if all those away teams win. Which means we should have the potential to close the gaps even further with a win on Monday 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, IWEDFM said:

Beat the Pigs and we might just do it

Right now, I'd just take a win against the Pigs to get to 50 points and then I wouldn't care about the play offs unless it meant meeting the Pigs again in the play offs... imagine that, Pigs in 3rd, us in 6th... it *could* happen! :D

17 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Yeah , I concede I may just end up with egg on my face ! 

I still don’t think we will , but to suddenly have something to shout about is refreshing . Didn’t go last night as was working but by all accounts we bossed the game . The last two matches is the first time we have done that . There is nothing to lose including especially against them on Monday 

Egg schmegg, we're all Wednesday fans and we all feel the same win lose or draw. We're all on the same roller coaster, that's why it's fun on here. Different opinions are what it's about. 

We bossed it last night the same way we did Saturday. Didn't press the keeper and defenders quite as hard which meant the energy levels were higher at the end. Still tapered off a bit last 10 mins or so but not as dramatic as Saturday. The work off the ball is what made the difference again though, and we can do that against any team, including the pigs. 

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I actually think the opposite is true in this league, Bristol City have just lost 3 games in a row and Derby aren’t performing much better.

Preston v Bristol City 

Villa v Derby

Hull v Brum 

Stoke v Forest 

I’d be surprised if all those away teams win. Which means we should have the potential to close the gaps even further with a win on Monday 

I think you and @holmeowl have got me believing there is a chance. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Preston v Bristol City 

Villa v Derby

Hull v Brum 

Stoke v Forest 

Fixtures are in our favour this weekend

Imagine waking up on Tuesday morning having beaten the Pigs and just 3 points off the playoffs

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Preston v Bristol City 

Villa v Derby

Hull v Brum 

Stoke v Forest 

Plus, Brum still facing a likely/potential points deduction in March.

• Like 1