Millwall P14 W4 D3 L7 F11 A17 Pts15

Stoke P14 W3 D5 L6 F8 A15 Pts14

Blackburn P14 W4 D1 L9 F18 A23 Pts13

QPR P14 W3 D3 L8 F15 A23 Pts12

Wigan P14 W2 D5 L7 F13 A22 Pts11

Rotherham P14 W2 D5 L7 F15 A25 Pts11

Bolton P14 W3 D2 L9 F9 A26 Pts11

Ipswich P14 W1 D5 L8 F10 A23 Pts8

Our next 4 games are v 23rd, 19th, 18th 15th.

10 points and could look very sexy.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, brazilowl said:

I remember people saying 7 points from millwall reading and toytown would look good. Look how that panned out. 

Yup.

We are just as likely to beat a top team as we are one at the bottom.

It's that kind of league.

3 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Brentford 3rd in that table, yet we swept them aside the other week.

I can't help but think there's excitement to come...

As we seem to say every season around this time, it’s a very ordinary league. A modest team from Derby, Bristol, Sheffield or Nottingham will end up in 6th. A slight improvement in our recent results could see us take 6th with a record low total.

Edited by Holmowl

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

As we seem to say every season around this time, it’s a very ordinary league. A modest team from Derby, Bristol, Sheffield or Nottingham will end up in 6th. A slight improvement in our recent results could see us take 6th with a record low total.

I think we need to aim for 70 points. 7 wins from the last 10 and we could well sneak in with that.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

That’s where the luck needs to play it’s part, we need a Leicester city type season of sneaking into the play offs on 68 points (I think?)   Which would mean a much more manageable 19 points from 10 games.

Given how many we are drawing then something like win 5 draw 4 and lose 1 is actually fairly obtainable.  

I still think we will end up short but would be good to keep the season going as Long as possible.  

10 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

The lowest total for 6th was Leicester in 2012/2013 with 68;points (and a plus 23 goal difference).  With 10 games to go, they had 58 points.  

Looking at the fixtures, as best as one can possibly predict the Championship, my feeling is Derby are the team to chase down (although I’m not completely ruling out Boro or WBA completely imploding) and in my opinion it will require (due to our inferior goal difference) around 70/71 points. 

A win yesterday would have put a completely different complexion on things, but not grumbling at a point at Frank Lampards Derby County.  

So frustrating that we don’t have our best attacking players fit and available as there’s no doubt Bruce would have got us into the playoffs this season, the way he’s turned things around and got us organised.  Not to jinx it but if only Hooper could get fit by the return of the international break we have still have a chance 

13 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

The lowest total for 6th was Leicester in 2012/2013 with 68;points (and a plus 23 goal difference).  With 10 games to go, they had 58 points.  

Looking at the fixtures, as best as one can possibly predict the Championship, my feeling is Derby are the team to chase down (although I’m not completely ruling out Boro or WBA completely imploding) and in my opinion it will require (due to our inferior goal difference) around 70/71 points. 

A win yesterday would have put a completely different complexion on things, but not grumbling at a point at Frank Lampards Derby County.  

I read it very similar to you, though history suggests it could be even lower at around 68 points. 

Forest under O’Neill are one to watch. 

Our point yesterday puts even even greater pressure on the already-pressured Derby. 

I cannot see Bristol City doing it, not least because their fixture list is a nightmare.

If we can get to 69 points we will be VERY close - W6. D2. L2

If we can get to 71 points it will very probably be enough - W7. D1. L2

of course we are more than capable of W2. D4. L4 too !

Here’s the frustration...

Many posters say our squad quad isn’t good enough, but now we see what even this injury-ravaged set of really strong Championship players can do under a proper manager.

Since Jos 25 points from 14.

Equates to an 82 point season.

This season that would guarantee top four, probably top three, and possibly sneak into second.

Very very optimistic for 19/20. 

25 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

So frustrating that we don’t have our best attacking players fit and available as there’s no doubt Bruce would have got us into the playoffs this season, the way he’s turned things around and got us organised.  Not to jinx it but if only Hooper could get fit by the return of the international break we have still have a chance 

I fear a couple of injuries will stop us....8th place finish

25 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

i think we simply must win our five remaining home games (Blackburn, Villa, Forest, Bristol City, QPR).

When you look at our away fixtures we probably have to win at Bolton and Stoke to get us to 70 points. 

7 wins. Very tough, but just about doable. 

I think you’d need to throw in 3 draws in the other games too and get us to 73 points to stand a chance. 

1 hour ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I can see Preston beating Middlesborough this week and you just don’t know how the sacking of Moore is going to affect West Brom. Come this time next week things will look a little bit clearer.

the key thing about that stat table is only two sides have lost once. We are proving difficult to beat and if we manage to get in play offs we will be in with a chance. 

I like others think it will be a low points total required to get in play offs if you look at graph thread you will see sixth  placed team are at bottom end of what is normally required so suggests will be low number of points to sixth or even fifth. In addition Bristol are now on a losing streak, WBA have just sacked manager and Boro fans would like to sack there manager. Derby we have just played and hold no fears for us. Lets hope we can keep run going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think you’d need to throw in 3 draws in the other games too and get us to 73 points to stand a chance. 

Highly probable that you are wrong. 

Everything points to an ultra-low points season to get 6th.

43 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can see Preston beating Middlesborough this week and you just don’t know how the sacking of Moore is going to affect West Brom. Come this time next week things will look a little bit clearer.

Ive started a crowd-fund to pay Jos’s wages as new Manager of WBA.

• Haha 2