Record since Luhakuy sacked

7 minutes ago, Quist said:

I think it will be a low points total for play offs this year. if you look at graph thread and current points totals they are just lower than average so if we did keep that form up certain would be in top 6.

I guess that all we can do is get as many points as we can then let the rest sort itself out. It would be a monumental achievement to get over 70 points from the position we found ourselves in around December and January.

33 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Moustache boy needs stringing up. What he did to our team will never be forgiven by me. An absolute disaster that has cost us 2 thirds of a season. The team that has played the last 2 games is the one we could have been watching all season. Hard work, shape without the ball and positivity. OK, we've got some pace now but those 3 players would have been available to jos too. He wouldn't have signed them though. 

Ironically he has probably made Hutchinson better though by leaving him out. He's come back hungry and was an absolute beast last night. I give jos no credit for that though. 

he really did not understand league at all and was way out of his depth. when you look at 23 pts from 12 games compared with 24 pts from 22 games it just shows the difference. Think you are correct about Hutch he has come in fresh and hungry, I also think Westwood spell on side lines has helped him get rid of those persistent injuries which did impact his form and he is now in best form for a long time. Lots of other players have stepped up and are now enjoying a different style and they are no longer being asked to do jobs they are not comfortable with or impossible tasks.

Our first 12 games we got 19pts and were 6th, so it was just the middle run of that 10games inbetween gaining only 5pts that will be our undoing. Nobody seems to want that 6th place every time somebody works there way in they can't wait to lose the next match. So we really need to sneak in on the last day of the season. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Quist said:

I think it will be a low points total for play offs this year. if you look at graph thread and current points totals they are just lower than average so if we did keep that form up certain would be in top 6.

If Bristol maintain their current average it will require 74 points.

To put that in context, we’ve got 23 points from our last 12 matches.

if we get 23 points from our next 12, (which would be incredible) we’d be on 70 points at the end of the season and still unlikely to be in the play offs.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Since Jos was sacked our record is:-

P12 W6 D5 L1 F13 A8 Pts 23

For perspective, in the same period the record of the Pigs is:-

P12 W8 D3 L1 F24 A8 Pts 27

The points gained by each team in the last 12 matches is as follows:-

Pigs 27

Bristol City 24

Wednesday 23

Hull 23

Norwich 22

Leeds 21

WBA 21

Boro 21

Brentford 21

Birmingham 19

Preston 19

Forest 15

Millwall 15

Swansea 15

Derby 14

Blackburn 13

Villa 12

QPR 11 

Reading 11

Wigan 10

Stoke 10

Bolton 8

Rotherham 8

Ipswich 7

great form that. for us to get appx 71points we need appx 2points per game ,don't think 71 points would be quite enough but it wouldn't be far away. need to beat derby away and Bristol city home for there to be any realistic chance of finishing top 6, not impossible though and it keeps the interest going. 

28 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

If Bristol maintain their current average it will require 74 points.

To put that in context, we’ve got 23 points from our last 12 matches.

if we get 23 points from our next 12, (which would be incredible) we’d be on 70 points at the end of the season and still unlikely to be in the play offs.

that makes the Bristol city game a 6 pointer then . 6 out of Bristol city next 8 games are tough .any number of teams will fancy there chances. 

If we don't have to play any team in the bottom 6 and the rest of the games are against top half teams then we have a chance but this season and previous ones we always seem to slip up against teams we are expected to win.

Fessi and Joao need to realise they are paid to score and create goals, then defense is doing very well and with the core of Westwood, Hector, Lees we seem solid, Bannan is creating goals but need to up his scoring rate as the strikers and reach cannot do all the work.

Hopefully when Aarons is fully match fit he will be a very good source of chances and scare the life out of defenders.

We need a lot of help from others around us but since the end of Jan we have picked up 5 points on the top 6 keep that up and it won't be long before we are in the top 6.

6 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Moustache boy needs stringing up. What he did to our team will never be forgiven by me. An absolute disaster that has cost us 2 thirds of a season. The team that has played the last 2 games is the one we could have been watching all season. Hard work, shape without the ball and positivity. OK, we've got some pace now but those 3 players would have been available to jos too. He wouldn't have signed them though. 

Ironically he has probably made Hutchinson better though by leaving him out. He's come back hungry and was an absolute beast last night. I give jos no credit for that though. 

There's a noticeable difference to hutch since he returned. He's less reckless, more measured and seems to be finally maturing into dm. He's been far less into the breach 100 mile an hour and more assess the situation and break things up before they appear. Great for both us and Hutch as he's getting less cards, looking less likely getting injured or sent off too. 

14 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

That lot on Monday , Leeds and Norwich away , Preston , Bristol city all to play , be amazing if we are in with a shout of the play offs in a couple of months . We are capable but I just can’t see it myself . I’m much more hopeful for next season though .

I fancy us much more against bigger teams than bottom 3 who we always struggle against...

The amount of teams in front of us will most likely cause us to miss out. Too many teams to hop over, not including Villa and Swansea who are just behind us. It does at least it gives us a nice last third to the season and some impetus going into next season. 

I would love to be proven wrong however :D 

8 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

The amount of teams in front of us will most likely cause us to miss out. Too many teams to hop over, not including Villa and Swansea who are just behind us. It does at least it gives us a nice last third to the season and some impetus going into next season. 

I would love to be proven wrong however :D 

I'd rather look at it in terms of points.

Usually 75 gets u into the playoffs. 

That allows 8 points to be dropped and us still get in. Two defeats and a draw. 

Tight margins. Need an amazing run and there are some hard games. 

7 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

To be fair, Jos doesn't have Bruce's connections or clout in the game. Wouldn't surprise me if teams would prefer not to loan players to us while Jos was in charge.

Jos' only possible "saving grace" is that he was given explicit instructions from Chansiri regarding the likes of Westwood, and his hands were tied on the matter. But other than that, it's clear as day how sheeite he was.

On 27/02/2019 at 15:19, bobness said:

To be fair, Jos doesn't have Bruce's connections or clout in the game. Wouldn't surprise me if teams would prefer not to loan players to us while Jos was in charge.

Jos' only possible "saving grace" is that he was given explicit instructions from Chansiri regarding the likes of Westwood, and his hands were tied on the matter. But other than that, it's clear as day how sheeite he was.

He wasn't given any instruction bro, the guy was just lying to players to keep them off his stubborn backside 

Edited by keepitsteel89