We were right all along

7 hours ago, nilsson said:

With every win and good performance it makes you wonder wtf Jos was doing 

It's as if he was been paid the bugga  it up, it's hard to believe a manager could get things so wrong. 

Edited by Maxine

In the signings of Aarons, Lazaar and Iorfa, who've added some much needed pace, Bruce has already started putting his connections to good use in order to supplement our previously one-paced and imbalanced squad.

I imagine he'll want to do a fair bit more restructuring over the summer, but the early signs are that he knows what's required in order to bring the best out of our existing players, too.

• Like 1

Don't you mean, everyone was right after Wembley. All we needed to really add was a bit of power and pace and we were good to go. 3 years on Bruce lands (OK jos brought in Hector & Onomah), but Bruce adds Aarons, lazzar, Iorfa and boom, gutting to think what may have been with a fit kieron Lee and hooper from two years ago. 

1 hour ago, torres said:

The only positive is that Jos spent relatively nothing while he was here, unlike the bloke before him that set the club back 5 years 

Luhukay's reign was an odd period of inertia, when there was a mountain of work to be done.

In hindsight, we're probably lucky that this was the case, as I'd back Bruce to oversee a much more successful rebuilding then Luhukay might have managed.

I just never thought we'd be able to attract a manager with his pedigree. To be able to do so in our current position is almost unbelievable.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Had Bruce or someone of a similar profile been in charge when we first employed Coco then we would have been up years ago.

But Chansiri had already decided that transfer committees were the way to go. I cannot imagine that the Bruce type managers would happily work under that kind of set up.

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

But Chansiri had already decided that transfer committees were the way to go. I cannot imagine that the Bruce type managers would happily work under that kind of set up.

There are a good few clock ups by Mr C, the transfer committee and the appointment of Dumb and Dumber are right up there.

Having said that lessons appear to have been learned and we appear to be moving forward, sadly we have wasted years and millions of pounds in the process.

Jo’s should have gone after qpr. We would be top six now had that happened. Mr C just left it too long. But what’s done is done. We are now improving week on week but will fall short this season. But I’m already looking forward to next. Just hoping the grunted are still here to enjoy it