Sheffield Wednesday 2 - 0 Brentford

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Not a bad exchange 

Is winnall still building his fitness up

Pleased Aarons starts again. made the difference on Saturday.

Doubt we will see much of Winnall if being honest. Bruce prefers others.

Edited by pazowl55

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Pleased Aarons starts again. made the difference on Saturday.

Doubt we will see much of Winnall if being honest. Bruce prefers others.

Agree, think Aarons has got some really good features to his game and he’ll be too good and too quick for many of the full backs he faces.:biggrin:

I look at that lineup and think if Bruce could play that 11 week in week out next year we wouldn't be far off top 6. 

Of course some of those players won't be here next year and some you can't really on injury wise. But with some wheeling and dealing over the summer I think we'd have every reason to be optomistic.

Of course we will probably get hammered tonight  now I've said this :Sid:

Edited by NorthernOwl

Just now, NorthernOwl said:

I look at that lineup and think if Bruce could play that 11 week in week out next year we wouldn't be far off top 6. 

Of course some of those players won't be here next year and some you can't really on injury wise. But with some wheeling and dealing over the summer I think we'd have every reason to be optomistic.

Of course we will probably get hammered now I've said this :Sid:

Look on the bright side, the ones we get in on loan next year might be even better.

Just now, sternlad said:

Agree, think Aarons has got some really good features to his game and he’ll be too good and too quick for many of the full backs he faces.:biggrin:

Seems to have a good work rate about him aswell. And a good understanding with Lazaar. 

Got to be happy with that

Westwood 

Palmer       Lees            Hector     Lazaar

Hutchinson   Bannan

Reach                Forestieri           Aarons

Fletcher

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Nuhiu is a unique option to have for the bench and every manager has thought exactly the same.

Nuhui certainly is unique. Thankfully. There's never been a striker in the history of the game as untalented and overpaid as him. 

Hope Forestieri doesn't drop to deep today. Has a tendency to show for the ball in his own half when we have possession and that in turn pushing back Bannan and Hutchinson. 

However he does close down the opponent a lot better than what Joao does. So if we press from the front like I expect us to then he is better at doing it.  At times Saturday Bannan and Hutchinson were closing down the keeper while Joao was just strolling about.

1 minute ago, ElsecarOwl said:

Strange that he's not featuring for the U23s also unless he's still injured

Probably some injury, didn't SB say that Winnall needs some U23 matches under his belt before he could feature for the senior team (or do I remember wrong, could be)?