Walkout Music

Although its difficult to hear the announcer from where I sit on the Kop, the music is easier to pickup. Whoever did the walkout music at the weekends game got it bang on.

First the new video on the big screen,

Then the contender music with the different text on the screen with the smoke

Suddenly the music is interrupted by the guitar riff from Waterfront ringing round the stadium. A slight pause and the riff echoes around the ground like a battlecry.

After 30 seconds or so the song fully kicks in and the players walk out to a raptuous ovation. For me, Waterfront is as "Sheffield Wednesday" as the blue and white stripes and even though its been back for a while, whatever version they are playing at the minute sounds amazing. Like a call to battle for the fans and the players. Lets keep it our "thing"

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Although its difficult to hear the announcer from where I sit on the Kop, the music is easier to pickup. Whoever did the walkout music at the weekends game got it bang on.

Suddenly the music is interrupted by the guitar riff from Waterfront ringing round the stadium. A slight pause and the riff echoes around the ground like a battlecry.

After 30 seconds or so the song fully kicks in and the players walk out to a raptuous ovation. For me, Waterfront is as "Sheffield Wednesday" as the blue and white stripes and even though its been back for a while, whatever version they are playing at the minute sounds amazing. Like a call to battle for the fans and the players. Lets keep it our "thing"

I agree the walkout music was a lot better on Saturday. Better than all the crap played recently.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Amen brother.

10 minutes ago, Miffed said:

100% 

Loved it

If it was quiet on the Kop, then we have some magical sound engineers, as sound engineers. They must be able to take the sound off the Kop and add it to the South. From where I was sitting in the South, we certainly didn't come out to anything other than a cacophany of NOISE!!!!!! I may not be a fan of modern music, but am prepared to make some noise at the appropriate time, and am prepared to suffer somewhat to encourage the crowd, but Saturday had most people around me, who are not all old fogieys like me, COMPLAINING that the noise was over-loud If it's gojng to be at that level every match, I'm afraid I will hve to become a Buxton Town supporter.

• Like 1

On 25/02/2019 at 16:36, Miffed said:

Don't know if it's possible but....

we should do everything you've described here tonight, but we should turn off all the floodlights just before the video starts, so the only things that's illuminated is the big screen.

The floodlights should come back on as the players emerge and the song bursts into action after the 'siren like intro rift.

I've seen Man City do something similar midweek with just a Blue Moon on their screen and it looks amazing  

7 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

we should do everything you've described here tonight, but we should turn off all the floodlights just before the video starts, so the only things that's illuminated is the big screen.

The floodlights should come back on as the players emerge and the song bursts into action after the 'siren like intro rift.

I've seen Man City do something similar midweek with just a Blue Moon on their screen and it looks amazing  

Great idea mate

Could we be trusted to turn the floodlights back on tho?

:Sid:

Think the DJ has got it almost spot on with the live version of waterfront on loop just before the team comes out.....just need the guitar solo for a few seconds before the battle cry bit then it will be perfect.....oh and a few decibels higher.....Still a bit quiet.

16 hours ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Whatever you do DON'T pitch this to SYP or the HSE.

Heads will explode.

• Haha 1