Playoffs Are Possible, But Are They Likley?

Stranger things have happened...but I just can't see it.

Think we've given ourselves a bit too much to do.

Realistically, we could only afford 1 defeat and pretty much wins in all remaining games.

Unfortunately, our goal difference is very poor compared to most. 

Live in Hope, die in Castleton as a friend of mine often quotes.  It is going to be a tall order, BUT, if we maintain or even improve our recent home performances, then there will be many teams who will struggle against us at home.

That home advantage, lessens as we play away, but confidence is a tremendous leveller in this league, and players who are confident and believe in what they are being asked to do, can achieve surprising and unexpected results, and a team playing full of confidence can be a juggernaut.

Monday night is a proper test, and dependant on the results over the prior weekend, we could not be so far off from 6th spot if we get a victory. Win this game, and there will be a few teams looking over their shoulder and the momentum and mindset of our side may get us  over the line.

That said, playing catch up is never easy, and the teams above us need to slip up, but in this league, that is entirely possible.

The way I see it you have a choice. You either enjoy the football and the ride and you think we can still sneak into 6th or you enjoy the football and the ride and you think we've left it too late and we won't make it. 

Either way, the last 2 home games have been the best 2 performances I can remember in over a seasons worth of football. I was nervous about last night, midweek fixture and playing Brentford. We were never troubled and we absolutely battered them. Out fought and out played em. Surely everyone enjoys that. 

As long as its mathematically possible I'm gonna have some hope. In my life as an owl I've gone from the blind optimism of youth to the all encompassing cynicism of young to middle age. Now I'm full on middle aged I'm getting back to the optimistic end of the spectrum. The other end is crap. OK, you don't get the massive come down and fall but that's cos you're never excited or happy. I'll start a support group for anyone who wants to join me. 

36 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

The way I see it you have a choice. You either enjoy the football and the ride and you think we can still sneak into 6th or you enjoy the football and the ride and you think we've left it too late and we won't make it. 

Either way, the last 2 home games have been the best 2 performances I can remember in over a seasons worth of football. I was nervous about last night, midweek fixture and playing Brentford. We were never troubled and we absolutely battered them. Out fought and out played em. Surely everyone enjoys that. 

As long as its mathematically possible I'm gonna have some hope. In my life as an owl I've gone from the blind optimism of youth to the all encompassing cynicism of young to middle age. Now I'm full on middle aged I'm getting back to the optimistic end of the spectrum. The other end is crap. OK, you don't get the massive come down and fall but that's cos you're never excited or happy. I'll start a support group for anyone who wants to join me. 

Pretty much sums me up too. How much to join? 

This division is a roller coaster...  If we had turned the 3 draws into wins we would be in 6th.  I always say that you never say never until you can't make up the ground...  We are only 6 back with 12 games to go...  A bit too early to be writing us off...
I really think the Blades match is the crucial one... If we win - we will have gone 3 wins in a row.. and the dream continues..

The toughest part of run in is 3 games we play against Norwich Leeds Bristol - win those 3 and we are top 6...  

That being said - I am probably happier with a top 10 finish and a major regroup in the summer for a playoff push next season...  I want to be prepared for Premiership and not go up and straight back down again.. WAWAW

Guest Theboylangers

I wish I'd got on at silly prices when others on here were talking about a top half finish. I'm sure someone got 9/1. 

As for the play offs, unfortunately I don't think we'll make it but one can live in hope. The new manager bounce might not last long enough. 

52 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Be nice to get Hooper and Winnall back in mix 

Midfield and Defence look steady and creativity is back moving forward 

Nothing to lose - attack attack attack

Brucie said Winnalls about two weeks off,must have an account on here,so Hooper must be done,but ya never know may make last few games from the bench.

Any play off chances went up in smoke with the crap run under Loo key,we should have stuck Bullen in earlier wed be right in the mix now if we had,look at Hutch now,hes in the form of his life & playing like a one man midfield,hes even tackling players shadows and still winning :Sid:

I'm spending zero time thinking about "maybe's" 

The remainder of this season is really all about addressing fundamentals. They are most critical, anything beyond that would be a bonus of course.

I'm already seeing evidence of all the things I wanted from the SB appointment.

• Clear Understanding of Squad and it's Short Commings.
  • Ability to Address those Short Commings.
  • Ability to bring about a positive player reaction.
  • Introduce Tactical Stability.
  • Tactical Nous.
  • Clear and Honest Interactions with fans through the media.

I could probably go on.

If this can continue, DC finds a way to supplement it financially and the fans back it with patience we are on a healthy track.

• Like 1