Playoffs Are Possible, But Are They Likley?

16 minutes ago, RyanSWFC said:

I'll bring my graph over from the graph thread to add to the discussion:

graph.png

so the average needed is 74 then, i think thats what we got when finishing sixth in CC 1st season.

poster who pointed out the average so far leaves sixth below 74... true enough. but bristol city have 13 games to get 21 points they would need for 74 (derby 13 games to get 23 points) not to mention brum, forest, hull, preston. (even Swansea have a game in hand to go above us)

we need to not only do better than ALL these teams, (i think we can do that) but we have to catch up the deficit too. (doubtful)

Id love it to happen, and if it did it would be a massive football story. but whats gonna happen is we will fall short, but by less points than the lost points from the WBA and reading games (6 points) - GUTTED

8 hours ago, owlsup said:

To be honest it’s not likely. Not historically or statistically. Then again, Leicester won the premier league. 

Not going to get excited. 

The thing is though is we are starting to turn things round:  

"We're going Underground"

players knowing their role

effort throughout 

clear plan of approach 

connection with fans 

confidence building

future direction 

leadership 

focus on positives 

"We're going Underground"!!

long way to go and it can all turn sour but at least we are not fearing games. 

"So let the boys all sing and the girls all Shout for Tomorrow"

Na Na Na Na .

Lyrics by "Owlsup Weller" ......

tumblr_oxa5nbk1zc1u2le02o8_250.gif

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 1

On 25/02/2019 at 13:38, OxonOwl said:

It is not just about the points. It is the number of teams we need to overtake that make the playoffs extremely unlikely.

It’s all about points full stop.

We need 70 plus points and if we do that , we will be in or around the top 6.

All we need to do is hopefully keep up this good form and see where it takes us.

While I think it's unlikely and would just welcome a strong finish to maybe end in top 8, a part of me dreams of play offs too.

After all we're on 47 points like Hull and the BBC seems to think they are in the race for play offs but couldn't offer us the same generosity, so go figure... kind if want Wednesday to stick it to BBC and clinch that last play off place now ;)

Said it 5 games ago that it was possible. Didn't realise just how possible though. 3 draws, thats what's hurt us, but also that gave us a platform. 6 points off the playoffs in a league where anyone can beat anyone. A run of wins shoots you up the league. Look at us. Look at the pigs. 2 very good runs that have proved it. 

If we beat them Monday then all bets are off and it's a sprint to the end. We have nothing to lose and everything to gain. 

8 hours ago, marconi said:

Villa to beat Derby

Preston to beat Bristol City

win Monday night, 3 points off play offs with Bristol and Derby to play.

NUUURSE!!

Huge weekend which will define the run in for us. Derby, Bristol, Birmingham and Boro all away from home in games they could easily lose.

If results go right and we go into the derby knowing a win takes us within 3 or 4, then its game on. There are so many games between the sides just below 6th that at some stage they are all going to drop points.

If results go wrong and we fail to win against the grunters then all that momentum will feel lost.