Playoffs Are Possible, But Are They Likley?

4 hours ago, mark1948 said:

It is possible, by winning all our remaining games to finish with 83 points, two points more than when we finished 4th under Carlos. That year we had an exceptional run of form towards the end of the season of six straight wins, it would have been seven were it not for Carlos resting players for the final game of the season. With the prospect of having Hooper back and the promise shown by SBs trio of signings could we make the playoffs? 

In a word no, though I would love to be wrong. I don't have confidence that we can win the next one let alone the next 13. Our ability to give the ball away cheaply is still there, there were more than a couple of times we should have been punished on Saturday when we slipped, overplayed the ball and made really rubbish passes. I can't see us fixing these errors in short order. Nevertheless whilst it's possible I won't give up hope. After all its only my rational mind that tells me no, and football is irrational at times.

Here are the stats below.

1473982913_Graphweek33201819.thumb.jpg.09137409a05c29b668ff7a1c8b4d0807.jpg

It's possible that if I spent 3 hours a day in the gym with a personal trainer for the next year. And had my teeth done like Matias , not to mention had a complete wardrobe makeover and also had a small lottery win...... then it's possible that I might get a bit of stinky finger (and the rest) off Kirsty Gallagher.

Is it likely though? Is it fvuck!

Embarrassing post.

Edited by Steelman

All about fine margins. If we had held on both times against West Brom we would be 4 points better off. Make that 6 points if Reach doesn’t blaze it over from 3 yards against Reading. 8 points if Nuhiu and Reach between them find the net at home to Birmingham in the dying seconds on New Years Day. That would have seen us 7th.

But ultimately the bizarre reign of Jos Luhukay has cost us. The dire run of form in October and November. Some shocking results in there, I’m sure under Bullen or Bruce we would have more points. Excluding Westwood and Hutch, shuffling the back four every week and playing out of the back even though it failed us every time has cost us this season. 

We really should have won against Millwall and Reading in Feb but didn't. Even just those extra 4 points would give us a shout at the play-offs. Two sh*t sides and we couldn't get a goal in either game.

Ifs, buts, and maybes... Bleedin' Wednesday way, isn't it. That, and someone starting another thread about making the playoffs after just one win. Gotta love it!

lol

9 minutes ago, Owl Be Back said:

We really should have won against Millwall and Reading in Feb but didn't. Even just those extra 4 points would give us a shout at the play-offs. Two sh*t sides and we couldn't get a goal in either game.

Ifs, buts, and maybes... Bleedin' Wednesday way, isn't it. That, and someone starting another thread about making the playoffs after just one win. Gotta love it!

lol

Absolutely, 5 points behind with Brizzle and FLD still to play would have given us a bit of a chance but as it is, no chance. Too far behind and too many teams to go past. Just gotta make sure we win on Monday to stop the great unwashed in their tracks

Edited by Bramhall Owl

In all honesty, the one team I see "breaking" the top 6 now is Derby and that's only because they've managed to drop out of it, having looked so comfortable a month or two ago. 

Remarkably Brum City and Forest in 8th and 9th are only 3 points ahead of us. 

Unfortunately, I give neither of these two much hope of breaking in, bar a miracle. 

You can't be pretty much hopeless for half a season and then expect to be breaking into the top 6. 

20 minutes ago, SiJ said:

In all honesty, the one team I see "breaking" the top 6 now is Derby and that's only because they've managed to drop out of it, having looked so comfortable a month or two ago. 

Remarkably Brum City and Forest in 8th and 9th are only 3 points ahead of us. 

Unfortunately, I give neither of these two much hope of breaking in, bar a miracle. 

You can't be pretty much hopeless for half a season and then expect to be breaking into the top 6. 

Palace did it some years ago but these things are as rare as hens teeth.

5 hours ago, prowl said:

I wonder what odds the bookies would give on us winning 13 on the bounce?

I think if you suggested us suddenly going on a 14 game (we've already won 1 in a row) winning run that's only been done once in the entire history of English football, they'd just giggle at you.