Playoffs Are Possible, But Are They Likley?

It is possible, by winning all our remaining games to finish with 83 points, two points more than when we finished 4th under Carlos. That year we had an exceptional run of form towards the end of the season of six straight wins, it would have been seven were it not for Carlos resting players for the final game of the season. With the prospect of having Hooper back and the promise shown by SBs trio of signings could we make the playoffs? 

In a word no, though I would love to be wrong. I don't have confidence that we can win the next one let alone the next 13. Our ability to give the ball away cheaply is still there, there were more than a couple of times we should have been punished on Saturday when we slipped, overplayed the ball and made really rubbish passes. I can't see us fixing these errors in short order. Nevertheless whilst it's possible I won't give up hope. After all its only my rational mind that tells me no, and football is irrational at times.

Here are the stats below.

1473982913_Graphweek33201819.thumb.jpg.09137409a05c29b668ff7a1c8b4d0807.jpg

Edited by mark1948
punctuation
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

It is not just about the points. It is the number of teams we need to overtake that make the playoffs extremely unlikely.

It is all about the points. If we get 83 points we will overtake others and get to the playoffs,. I don't think we will but it is all about the points, if we are taking points others are not.

3 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

Also, note how big a defeat the SUFC game was last season. Don't think we ever recovered, they went one way we went the other. Amazing with hindsight what 45 seconds of football can do...

You think? Personally, I think if we had got anything from that game, it would have just papered over the cracks for a little longer. We were crap for some time under Carlos before United beat us.

1 hour ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

You think? Personally, I think if we had got anything from that game, it would have just papered over the cracks for a little longer. We were crap for some time under Carlos before United beat us.

Just think the Sheffield United game at Hillsborough last season just underlined that things had gone stale wasn't a 'Sliding Doors' type game.

Getting to play offs this season is not even worth talking seriously about.

It is also possible that Rachel Riley is going to want to date me but that's about as likely as Wednesday going up this season as well.