Just met Tony in endcliffe park

1 hour ago, tashton said:

Been talking to Tony this lunchtime in the park at the memorial. He told me he is a wednesdayite and has been invited to the owls v United game next week. I told him I hope he brings us some luck and we get 3 points, he jokingly told me he might play!!.   Top bloke, let's hope we can put on a good display for him 

That's great to hear -hope he gets out on the pitch for a decent show of appreciation by all in the ground !

It really wouldn’t bother me if he was a Blade - it really wouldn’t. People like Tony and John “The Pram Man” Burkhill (who was also confirmed on here as a Wednesdayite, before we all start obsessing about it) transcend Sheffield football rivalry - they are selfless sons of our great city that we all should celebrate irrespective of whether we are blue and white or red and white. One of the things thar really p155ed me of about that lot across the city is how they hijacked Jessica Ennis’s Olympic success. I hope that we’d be classier than that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

It really wouldn’t bother me if he was a Blade - it really wouldn’t. People like Tony and John “The Pram Man” Burkhill (who was also confirmed on here as a Wednesdayite, before we all start obsessing about it) transcend Sheffield football rivalry - they are selfless sons of our great city that we all should celebrate irrespective of whether we are blue and white or red and white. One of the things thar really p155ed me of about that lot across the city is how they hijacked Jessica Ennis’s Olympic success. I hope that we’d be classier than that. 

Would  "Miamigo Wednesday" as an extra verse  in Honalulu Wednesday be classed as taking over S/P ?..:Sid:

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, tashton said:

Shandypants.   What's the issue?.  Nobody, certainly not me is making this a rivalry thing.  I just wanted to share how pleased he seemed to be that he was going to the match and that he told me he was a Wednesday fan.  Good grief!!

I never said you were making it into a rivalry thing. I it appeared so then I apologise. I was just saying that it doesn’t bother me who he supports. 

22 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think that would be a nice touch. 

I wonder if we could create a song with “mi’amigo” and “Tony” included. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

I really hope this is a terrible terrible terrible joke 

"Tony Migo"

Tony Migo"

"Allo"

"Allo" 

"Tony Migo" 

"Tony Migo"........

:Sid:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

"Tony Migo"

Tony Migo"

"Allo"

"Allo" 

"Tony Migo" 

"Tony Migo"........

:Sid:

Presuming that other post requesting a song was a rubbish joke you’ve defied the odds by posting something even less funny 

3 hours ago, tashton said:

Been talking to Tony this lunchtime in the park at the memorial. He told me he is a wednesdayite and has been invited to the owls v United game next week. I told him I hope he brings us some luck and we get 3 points, he jokingly told me he might play!!.   Top bloke, let's hope we can put on a good display for him 

The man deserves an MBE for his dedication to the memory of those 10 airman killed in the park. 

• Like 1