Bazza - Mr Angry

After working your socks off, for fresh legs to come on and he can’t be arsed to track

back / mark the man - I think I’d be livid. 

Captain is putting his foot down, all 11 need to pull their weight

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Matias was at fault for the goal as he failed to track the runner, what’s even worse is that he did exactly the same thing again 5 minutes later and Hector had to bail him out.

I noticed straight after the final whistle he was on deep conversation with Westwood for quite a while too.

All in all he was very poor when he came in, perhaps trying to hard to impress given his lack of game time recently but I wouldn’t be surprised if we never saw him in a Wednesday shirt again.

Matias was hapless

We nicked the ball in an unbelievable area, his first touch was atrocious and he then lunged in and was probably fortunate to only get a yellow. 

Then he cost us the goal by not tracking back. 

Wasn't surprised at all in the end to see Bruce put him as our lone striker, i.e. to get him as far away from any defensive responsibilities as possible.

Re: Bannan being angry - Good! We have far too many 'lovely lads' in our team who should have demanded far more from each over int he last 18 months, if the players don't like being told some home truths then they should either improve their performances or try another profession. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

It looked good on iFollow, he (Bannan) was not happy, and neither were all of us whom saw it, from those sitting in the stadium, to those watching on iFollow.  While I wouldn't judge Matias, and his future at SWFC, under Bruce, based on this one appearance, it certainly didn't do him any good.  

Oh well, at least Wednesday didn't give away more than 1, still, a clean-sheet 3-0 victory would have been nice.  Was Matias responsible?  Who knows, maybe if he had tracked back he would still have lost, nobody's perfect, look at Hector last week, and today, as an example.

10 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Kept having a go at lazaar as well when he didn't pass to him.

Would like to see a change in attitude in bazza, needs to start encouraging more instead of getting in their backs.

Players like that used to really wee wee me off when I was playing. 

Had enough of clapping team mates with James O'Connor, with how these guys have performed in the last 18 months they deserve a rocket if they're not performing, whether it ruins their mood or not.

We are absolutely begging for a proper leader/captain to come in in the summer.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Had enough of clapping team mates with James O'Connor, with how these guys have performed in the last 18 months they deserve a rocket if they're not performing, whether it ruins their mood or not.

We are absolutely begging for a proper leader/captain to come in in the summer.

Infinitely agree with this, but am not versed enough in English Football to offer suggestions, but do have a question...why should Bannan not be Captain?  

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

Matias was at fault for the goal as he failed to track the runner, what’s even worse is that he did exactly the same thing again 5 minutes later and Hector had to bail him out.

I noticed straight after the final whistle he was on deep conversation with Westwood for quite a while too.

All in all he was very poor when he came in, perhaps trying to hard to impress given his lack of game time recently but I wouldn’t be surprised if we never saw him in a Wednesday shirt again.

I Just think he doesn't have a football brain. Even when he's going forward he lacks intelligence.

3 times today he made a forward run (looking for someone to put a ball over the top for him to run onto presumably) but he just ran as fast as he could towards goal in a straight line- no bending his run, no looking along the line to try and time his run- basically just an aimless sprint into an offside position.