Illuminated advertising boards

7 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Warriors of the South Stand

Chapter 6 - Beres Pork Sarnie - Teeth in or out to eat?

I've always wondered the same about when they are sucking on their Worthers Originals.  Teeth in or out ?

6 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

I've always wondered the same about when they are sucking on their Worthers Originals.  Teeth in or out ?

That's Chapter 7 - The various qualities of the Werthers Original

It advises teeth in following any previous chewing as it will help to suck any stuck bits out.

• Haha 1

Certainly one bit mid way thru the 2nd half we all commented that we totally lost the players never mind the ball for one lot of adverts

That and me shouting at Hutch to put a challenge in and realised that was the ref he was near

What with playing well and scoring 3 league goals (Was that the first time this season ?) It was quite a confusing day all told 

3 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

That's Chapter 7 - The various qualities of the Werthers Original

It advises teeth in following any previous chewing as it will help to suck any stuck bits out.

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Warriors of the Storm. Part of the Last Kingdom series of books lol

Warriors of the Soil ....

Chapter Nine 

Invasion of the Dressing room Mutants .....

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

certainly appeared very bright particularly when the Red one appeared,particularly as the light was fading. More worried about the sound system, however. Was sat in the South from 2.30 and the sound was atrociously loud. I have  only one ear. Even without my hearing aid and with hands over my ears it was becoming unbearable not just to me but to many, 

You must be joking.

Was too quiet on the kop when he spoke. The music was fine.

Don't know about the Kop, Birley, but I sit in line with the entrances on  the South, and for at least 30 minutes, I certainly did NOT hear any music. It was just a cacophony of noise. It sounded much like the annoying background noise that SKY insists on playing  in the background of its televised games. I am not expecting, nor would I want silence before the game. Crowd and background noise are the things I have always appreciated at football, but loud, nay over loud, noise to the point of it becoming actually hurtful to the ears, is NOT what I pay for. Even the annoyingly incessant hammering of the big drum from the 'band' proved to be a blessing in disguise.One could hardly hear the chap next to one, it was so bad. Had it been a work place environment, H&S would have been down on the club and insisting it issue all supporters with ear defenders.

It is  painful enough to make my way up to my seat on Row Z, (navigating 34 steps) with two sticks, that I cannot go in at the last minute as so many do, and likke to be in reasonably early to get comfortable and enjoy the pre-match atmosphere.         

If you can't hear on the Kop, may I suggest we ask the club to swap the sound systems over. 

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Don't know about the Kop, Birley, but I sit in line with the entrances on  the South, and for at least 30 minutes, I certainly did NOT hear any music. It was just a cacophony of noise. It sounded much like the annoying background noise that SKY insists on playing  in the background of its televised games. I am not expecting, nor would I want silence before the game. Crowd and background noise are the things I have always appreciated at football, but loud, nay over loud, noise to the point of it becoming actually hurtful to the ears, is NOT what I pay for. Even the annoyingly incessant hammering of the big drum from the 'band' proved to be a blessing in disguise.One could hardly hear the chap next to one, it was so bad. Had it been a work place environment, H&S would have been down on the club and insisting it issue all supporters with ear defenders.

It is  painful enough to make my way up to my seat on Row Z, (navigating 34 steps) with two sticks, that I cannot go in at the last minute as so many do, and likke to be in reasonably early to get comfortable and enjoy the pre-match atmosphere.         

If you can't hear on the Kop, may I suggest we ask the club to swap the sound systems over. 

TURN YOUR HEARING AID OFF!!

That's what I do ...........

• Haha 3