Illuminated advertising boards

2 hours ago, theowlsman said:

Can we have the old sysyem back for the half time scores (the boards with numbers on them, hung from a nail, against a letter of the alphaber, at the side of the pitch?

Dont forget the guy with a flat hat and a Parky Rough hanging out the side of his gob changing the numbers

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, squonk said:

Dont forget the guy with a flat hat and a Parky Rough hanging out the side of his gob changing the numbers

Those were the days , stood on the Kop , eyes focused on the bottom of the North for the score updates.

20 minutes ago, squonk said:

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Those were the days , stood on the Kop , eyes focused on the bottom of the North for the score updates.

Derek Blunkett was his name ..

Groundsman .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

Sorry to keep asking you questions OG

Do you know of anywhere I can convert my betamax videos to VHS?

Yours in anticipation

MBS

Jessops at Meadowhall will do the conversion. They can also convert Betamax and VHS to DVD. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, marconi said:

Too bright again.

Advertise on large scoreboard instead of the emergency procedure drill, get rid of pitch side boards. Sorted.

simply cannot believe 5 people disagree with you   they should try watch pitch level or just above  terrible distraction  surely could be toned down a bit?

12 hours ago, OWL1969 said:

Glad it's not just me, bloody dazzling, when we said the games are dull and  need illuminating we didn't mean literally!

Btw some of the stuff on the pitch in the 1st half was pretty impressive (when I could see it).

Never noticed them first half, but they were a pain in the 2nd.  I've just moved from row 38 on the Kop to row O in the South.  Yesterday was the first time I've had trouble with them.  Could hardly see anything with the white adverts.