Utd tickets

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

huge amounts of seats available on south,grandstand,kop . we sold lot out last season at 3 quid more and had lower west , going to be at least 4000 less of us in the ground than last season . whats excuse? if we cant sell this out then cant imagine in premier league we would sell any night games out bar the big 4-5 . it seems a lot have lost there interest in going and I don't just think its price if thast the case why did they sell out last season at 3quid more? if anything this game has more appeal than last season if results go our way we might be 3-4 points off playoffs and knock them out of top 2. 

We expected to win last season 

We are a little more circumspect this

Simple really

Some haven't got the stomach for it

19 hours ago, Plonk said:

I’m a wednesdayite and I go to Wednesday games. 

So am i and so do i, but there's plenty who can't afford to and plenty that can who don't go. We as a club need to change that and our commercial/cooperate side too. Until DC learns from his mistakes AND we have a winning side then it will continue to be as it is.

Just now, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Based on capacity and sales, the attendance is already over 30,000 (unless loads of fans take their tickets back over the weekend and we don't sell any more).

its hard to predict ,the capacity is 34800 appx but utd aint been given the full away allocation like leeds had. also block aa isn't for sale ,along with a hell of a lot of empty rows in grandstand and south stand . unless there is some upturn over weekend in sales I think it will be between 29-30 tops with us only having around 25500 home supporters. were are the 46000 what went to Wembley? who spend at least £200 each . some want to be supporters just when they feel like it . yer the cost of tickets is shocking but its only once a season and sometimes we don't play them for years , if fans cant get cause of work then fair do`s but just for a 1 off game I cant see the cost factor as everyone paid £3 more last season and we sold out. 

3 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

So they've got bottom tier now?

yer they been given it also had extra tickets for west upper , we have appx 4000 unsold tickets so club decided to sell to them which is very sad. the more intimidating atmosphere from us would have been better 

12 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

its hard to predict ,the capacity is 34800 appx but utd aint been given the full away allocation like leeds had. also block aa isn't for sale ,along with a hell of a lot of empty rows in grandstand and south stand . unless there is some upturn over weekend in sales I think it will be between 29-30 tops with us only having around 25500 home supporters. were are the 46000 what went to Wembley? who spend at least £200 each . some want to be supporters just when they feel like it . yer the cost of tickets is shocking but its only once a season and sometimes we don't play them for years , if fans cant get cause of work then fair do`s but just for a 1 off game I cant see the cost factor as everyone paid £3 more last season and we sold out. 

£39 to sit on the Kop for a non-member.

I couldn't afford a season ticket this season so forking out that kind of money isn't an option, especially when I'm looking at close to a tenner in travel costs.

The POTG prices are a disgrace, and this season I've only gone when the prices have been reduced (Birmingham and Brentford)

3 minutes ago, g-owls said:

£39 to sit on the Kop for a non-member.

I couldn't afford a season ticket this season so forking out that kind of money isn't an option, especially when I'm looking at close to a tenner in travel costs.

The POTG prices are a disgrace, and this season I've only gone when the prices have been reduced (Birmingham and Brentford)

no1 inc me will argue that the potg prices are a joke , but how come last season it was £42-£49 and we shifted 5000 more?

25 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

huge amounts of seats available on south,grandstand,kop . we sold lot out last season at 3 quid more and had lower west , going to be at least 4000 less of us in the ground than last season . whats excuse? if we cant sell this out then cant imagine in premier league we would sell any night games out bar the big 4-5 . it seems a lot have lost there interest in going and I don't just think its price if thast the case why did they sell out last season at 3quid more? if anything this game has more appeal than last season if results go our way we might be 3-4 points off playoffs and knock them out of top 2. 

We averaged 27k two seasons ago, 26k last season and it’s down to 23k this season.

4,000 people who were going every week at the start of last season have stopped going.

And it was the first time we’d played them for over 5 years so there was always going to be more demand for that one 

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

no1 inc me will argue that the potg prices are a joke , but how come last season it was £42-£49 and we shifted 5000 more?

Because we expected to win...This season we don't know....Its a simple answer...bottle has gone out of some fans

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Because we expected to win...This season we don't know....Its a simple answer...bottle has gone out of some fans

well I had the bottle to go to there place and I paid stupid money think it was £53 for me n kid I think we are charging them £49 for adult n kid or £54 if an older kid n adult . both disgusting prices. I wonder if some are also put off going by it been such a poisonous atmosphere having bangers thrown at you don't exactly makes you want to take the kids down does it. 

1 minute ago, handworth52 said:

well I had the bottle to go to there place and I paid stupid money think it was £53 for me n kid I think we are charging them £49 for adult n kid or £54 if an older kid n adult . both disgusting prices. I wonder if some are also put off going by it been such a poisonous atmosphere having bangers thrown at you don't exactly makes you want to take the kids down does it. 

I dunno...I thought we were talking about Hillsborough....theres a bloody difference between getting 2000 to go to the Lane..an' 30'000 to tip up at Hillsborough isn't there?

Guest LittleG

I've got a season ticket so will be there Monday, however I have every sympathy with those who have to POTG and don't blame anybody who refuses/can't pay those prices.

29 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Sunday afternoon, first derby in 6 years and we were massive favourites. Makes a huge difference whether it's a weekend game or a night match. There are lots of reasons why people cant make this one.

28 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Did we have more season ticket holders last season?

Genuine question as I don't know the answer. All I can say is that I personally know of three people who didn't renew this season. I'm sure they'll be many more people who will also know of others who also didn't renew. 

7 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Genuine question as I don't know the answer. All I can say is that I personally know of three people who didn't renew this season. I'm sure they'll be many more people who will also know of others who also didn't renew. 

Yea ..but they could still go to this one..You only have to buy a ticket...They are frightened of losing..Thats fair enough by me....I am..but I prefer to be there when it happens...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Sure we had 21,500 season ticket holders last season and this season around 20,000.

I suspect membership numbers are well down on previous seasons which contributes to keeping some away. 

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

Sure we had 21,500 season ticket holders last season and this season around 20,000.

I suspect membership numbers are well down on previous seasons which contributes to keeping some away. 

Have to hope all 10 of the 1867 mob turn up.....................

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Yea ..but they could still go to this one..You only have to buy a ticket...They are frightened of losing..Thats fair enough by me....I am..but I prefer to be there when it happens...

To be honest I expected us to lose last season they were above us pre match,  I think we have more chance of winning this season although they start heavy favourites.