Utd tickets

6 minutes ago, Miffed said:

DC has previously suggested that any supporters who are struggling should contact the club. I wonder how many people have taken up this offer.

I imagine most would rather not go if they have to go cap in hand to the chairman every time they fancy watching a game of football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

3 hours ago, JS8 said:

DC needs to look at Man City’s long term strategy for building up a fan base: price relatively low whilst you are building up the club, then price higher when you actually get some success; engage with the community through outreach projects to schools and ensure the ground is modernised to become a hub used by the whole community 7 days a week. I work in schools in Manchester and there are so many City coaches putting on after school   and holiday footy sessions and engaging kids with the ‘brand’. Granted they’ve had remarkable success, but they also face generations of being dominated by Man U.

Yeah, but that's the same Man City who had a brand new state of the art stadium handed to them on a plate which without a doubt allowed them to attract the billions in foreign investment they did through no real effort or risk of their own.

Are Sheffield council going to do the same for us?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

It was £20 a ticket Tuesday and managed 22.8k , what’s your excuses

I don't need an excuse I go to every home match 

BUT

1. On Tuesday I worked on a cash turnstile on the South Stand, I have worked on this particular turnstile farely often over the last 2 and half years, usually I don't have to open more than one batch of 50 tickets and would say on average I sell 25  tickets of which less than half are adult tickets.

Tuesday night at £20?

Just shy of 160 tickets! the vast majority of which (120) were adult tickets.

Now I'm no mathematical genius, but I know for certain which brought in more money to SWFC just on tickets alone, not counting, the shop, programme's and food and drink.

2.  Genuinely how many do you think would have been there for Brentford on a Tuesday night at the usual ridiculous prices, for the second home game in 4 days with the Sheffield Derby 6 days later?

I can't read your mind but my answer would be less than 20k, the Season ticket holders, maybe 150 Brentford fans (it would undoubtedly have been even less than what did turn up) and a very small handful of potg.

By making it £20 the club got in at least an extra 2.5k paying supporters for what in all honesty is a very unattractive fixture even to the most passionate fan never mind the so called "part timers" 

Now you may say an extra 2.5k isn't much (ground should have been full yada, yada, yada) but it's over a 10% increase on what the attendance would have been and in terms of paying customers is a huge increase as basically for this game there would normally be next to none.

Anyway, anybody an update on how many sold for Monday? C'mon Wednesday!!

Edited by OWL1969
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, punkskaphil said:

The problem is that when the tickets are cheap, we still don't fill them. If we filled the ground when the POTG prices are low, then DC would have reason to at least consider dropping the prices for higher categories in future.

Then perhaps they aren’t cheap enough? 

4 hours ago, vulva said:

People don’t half prattle on about ticket prices. Half of the time it’s just an excuse because in reality it’s on telly, and they can’t be arsed. 

And the other other half of the time it’s because it’s too expensive then ? 

10 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

So, anyone know how many we've sold? lol 

2 blocks in South stand next to kop have gone from red to green today for some reason. 

image.png.6ea1fb705ec996138cfb4f6c2d98f86e.png

Perhaps all those pig fans who had tickets for our end have now manged to get tickets for Lepps and have now returned them.  :Sid:

Edited by bradowl

11 minutes ago, bradowl said:

2 blocks in South stand next to kop have gone from red to green today for some reason. 

Perhaps all those pig fans who had tickets for our end have now manged to get tickets for Lepps and have now returned them.  :Sid:

There's a hell of a lot seats to sell in South Stand! Think 30K will be a push at this rate, not much action today

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

They are the tickets that they often hold back to buy from the ticket office, on and around matchday's.

13 minutes ago, bradowl said:

They've just released all the tickets for those blocks I think.

2 minutes ago, Littleowl74 said:

What time can you purchase tickets up too? Think a few who weren’t planning on  going will buckle on Monday and not be able to resist coming to watch. 

I should think they'll be available on Monday up to a certain time.

huge amounts of seats available on south,grandstand,kop . we sold lot out last season at 3 quid more and had lower west , going to be at least 4000 less of us in the ground than last season . whats excuse? if we cant sell this out then cant imagine in premier league we would sell any night games out bar the big 4-5 . it seems a lot have lost there interest in going and I don't just think its price if thast the case why did they sell out last season at 3quid more? if anything this game has more appeal than last season if results go our way we might be 3-4 points off playoffs and knock them out of top 2.