Utd tickets

17 minutes ago, JS8 said:

The club is reaping what it has sowed with the highest ticket prices in the league for the last 3 yeare. A lot of 5-10 match part-timers have given up going, unless its a £20 Saturday game. I find it it remarkable that we still get 22/23k with tickets averaging £40 in north or south. Most of these are ST holders, we’d have 26-28k if prices were like Forest or Blades. Add to that the football has been woeful for 18 months and the ground provides an awful match day experience due to lack of facilities, are we really surprised that the non-core supporters don’t want to shell out £45 on a Monday night when it’s on telly?? 

DC needs to look at Man City’s long term strategy for building up a fan base: price relatively low whilst you are building up the club, then price higher when you actually get some success; engage with the community through outreach projects to schools and ensure the ground is modernised to become a hub used by the whole community 7 days a week. I work in schools in Manchester and there are so many City coaches putting on after school   and holiday footy sessions and engaging kids with the ‘brand’. Granted they’ve had remarkable success, but they also face generations of being dominated by Man U.

Everyone in Sheffield knows Wednesday have more fans, but united are doing so much more to win the next generation round - and they’re having a brilliant season. If DC is really committed (!), he needs to show some gratitude towards the fan base and build it up, rather than taking us for granted. We don’t want Jordan Rhodes and Almen Abdi, we want a modernised Hillsborough with an honest and competitive first team. Brucey is the man, but he can’t drive this thing himself. 

I thought for a minute it was another rambling post about ticket prices!

Ps, are too high but we don't need to keep going on do we?

19 minutes ago, JS8 said:

Category b: £20 kop; £25 main stands

category A: £25; £30

I meant what are the categories actually for, not how much will they be. Rickygoo was saying that we watch Wednesday in the same place every time - presumably implying that the prices should always be the same - but then says there should be two categories.

Average matchday for walkups, taking off c. 18,000 ST holders. Obviously the numbers of fans is complete guesswork, but clearly lower ticket prices will incentivise fans to turn up.

£38 x 5,000 = £190,000

£25 x 8,000 = £200,000

Getting the fans to start walking up again might be slow, but its a no brainer from a business point of view.

we just need 3 categories, we can still be the most expensive in the league & it be more reasonable! Not many people will pay £39-46 for a monday night game live on sky when we are mid-table

Cat c v teams like (Brentford, Ipswich, Reading, QPR etc

Kop - £27

Grand/North - £29

South - £31

Cat b - Forest, Derby, Rotherham, Stoke, Villa

Kop - £29

Grand/North - £31

South - £33

Cat a  - Pigs, Leeds

Kop - £31

Grand/North - £33

South - £35

then every now & again make it £20 all tickets for certain night games or 1 offs like Brum on NYD

does anyone know why we don't do anything similar to above?

I'm sure we'd sell out at my Cat a prices

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Average matchday for walkups, taking off c. 18,000 ST holders. Obviously the numbers of fans is complete guesswork, but clearly lower ticket prices will incentivise fans to turn up.

£38 x 5,000 = £190,000

£25 x 8,000 = £200,000

Getting the fans to start walking up again might be slow, but its a no brainer from a business point of view.

I'm not sure we would get almost twice as many walk ups at £25 to be honest - at least not every home game.

But, getting more people through the door and getting them hooked to come back more regularly. spend more in the stadium and at the club shop, is key and would have a greater benefit to the club long term.

Sadly, our wage bill, monies wasted (and P&S consquences of that), and season ticket pricing, means I think the club pretty much has to charge what they are doing for the short term at least.

8 minutes ago, gypsyowl said:

we just need 3 categories, we can still be the most expensive in the league & it be more reasonable! Not many people will pay £39-46 for a monday night game live on sky when we are mid-table

Cat c v teams like (Brentford, Ipswich, Reading, QPR etc

Kop - £27

Grand/North - £29

South - £31

Cat b - Forest, Derby, Rotherham, Stoke, Villa

Kop - £29

Grand/North - £31

South - £33

Cat a  - Pigs, Leeds

Kop - £31

Grand/North - £33

South - £35

then every now & again make it £20 all tickets for certain night games or 1 offs like Brum on NYD

does anyone know why we don't do anything similar to above?

I'm sure we'd sell out at my Cat a prices

I agree with the structure, but I don't think we'd come close to selling out against Reading, QPR, etc at £27-31. I think we'd actually struggle to sell out those games anything above £10 - the fixtures aren't attractive enough for the casual fans to turn up for all those run of the mill games.

24 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

I thought for a minute it was another rambling post about ticket prices!

Ps, are too high but we don't need to keep going on do we?

Until the prices are dropped, yes 

Its not as simple as cheaper tickets will fill the ground, there is far more to it than that and many other factors to consider. If we were bottom of the table and charging £10 for a ticket do we honestly think there would be a much larger crowd every home game? People will always make excuses not to attend, some of them valid and other excuses which border on the riddiculous. Barnsley had an offer of cheap tickets for a one-off game a couple of years. They sold out and fans were asking why they dont do it for every game. The chairman/owner came out and categorically stated that if they did that they would soon go bust. Plus, if we are to compete with FFP we cant just go giving tickets away.

But there does have to be a balance. The prices of our tickets at the minute is riddiculous and its having some impact on attendances. But would it be as much of an issue if we were running away with the league? Not saying it would all be OK and the prices acceptable but more people would find the money and there would be less excuses. The fact is that league position and form affect attendances more than anything else.

For me, its always been about the next generation. There should be far more offers which get the kids into the ground. £1 tickets for under 16's with any full paying adult for the rest of the season would be a start.

Football as a whole needs to take a long, hard look at itself. Its our national sport. You can talk about grass roots all day.... but what about getting people to watch the game? Surely this is as equally important? Theres not enough free football on TV. You even have to have paid TV to watch the League Cup final! How is that ever right? My interest in the Champions League / Europa league has waned now that you have to pay for it all.

Anyway....went off on a tangent.

As much as I don't like the current pricing structure, it's obvious that Chanisiri's strategy to convert POTG/Membership supporters into season ticket holders has worked (up to now) by making alternative options as unattractive as possible and reaping the rewards of having regular attendees.

Season ticket renewal time...

£46 for a ticket on South for Monday night...

Just the though of paying that for 1 game makes you feel like you are getting value for money when handing over £500+ for a full season.

Of the Owls fans I know, only the st holders are going to the derby. I'm a POTGer who went to both the Brum and Brentford games as did a work colleague of mine who is also watching on the telly on Monday. We could afford to go. Of course we could. It's a one off after all. But I refuse to be fleeced and won't pay full price for a ticket for ANY match until the prices are reduced. I used to go to about 10 to 12 matches a season regardless of whether they were on TV or not. Now, under Chansiri I watch them just much but either on telly, when there's an offer or by borrowing friends season tickets when they can't go. I'm looking forward to going to the games more again as there's nothing to beat being there but until there's a change of policy by DC I can't see that happening.

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

This is not good news that the trend is now ticket prices going up again generally.

Football clubs in general have really exploited people love and loyalty towards their clubs.

Championship clubs are all chasing that pot of gold, Premier league football. 

Majority are paying far more than they can afford in wages. 

I can see novelty of premier league falling over next few years, attendances for midweek games are already much lower, watching Match of the day from Wednesday night and Arsenal, Southampton, Cardiff and Huddersfield were way below capacity. I know some clubs include season ticket holders who don't turn up for some reason. 

Arsenal gave attendance at 59,600 when it was clear to see that there was only 40,000 at very most. 

Even Man City had some empty seats. 

Let’s be reyt, £40+ to watch second-tier football is ludicrous, regardless of how we’re doing in the league or who we’re playing. One-off games like Wembley are the exception but we’re not playing a play-off final every week.

It’s always annoyed me that we’re possibly one of the clubs best positioned to adopt the German model of cheap tickets and great atmospheres that come with having a packed stadium (plus the extra revenue in food/drink/merchandise) but instead we’ve gone the other way and made it less accessible. We’ve got thousands of empty seats each week and thousands of fans who’d fill them if the tickets weren’t so expensive. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Let’s be reyt, £40+ to watch second-tier football is ludicrous, regardless of how we’re doing in the league or who we’re playing. One-off games like Wembley are the exception but we’re not playing a play-off final every week.

It’s always annoyed me that we’re possibly one of the clubs best positioned to adopt the German model of cheap tickets and great atmospheres that come with having a packed stadium (plus the extra revenue in food/drink/merchandise) but instead we’ve gone the other way and made it less accessible. We’ve got thousands of empty seats each week and thousands of fans who’d fill them if the tickets weren’t so expensive. 

The problem is that when the tickets are cheap, we still don't fill them. If we filled the ground when the POTG prices are low, then DC would have reason to at least consider dropping the prices for higher categories in future.

I’m a non season ticket holder what has definitely been priced out of going to Hillsborough. But I have forked out to go to the game on Monday and also got my 2 brothers who are Man U fans to come.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

It was £20 a ticket Tuesday and managed 22.8k , what’s your excuses

Mine is that I saved £20 from the Brentford game to off set the stupid prices for the Derby game which I was going to watch on TV 

Hope this excuse is good enough as I'm desperate for your approval 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, owls79 said:

I’m a non season ticket holder what has definitely been priced out of going to Hillsborough. But I have forked out to go to the game on Monday and also got my 2 brothers who are Man U fans to come.

No you haven't been priced out you wouldn't go anyway ,you only have to read the posts on here to prove it !

Wonder if DC takes sound bites off here ,if so he will think that supporters actually think the pricing is ok 

Unbelievable Jeff 

26 minutes ago, owls79 said:

Gerrem converted.