Utd tickets

7 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

Like I said, if we don’t sell out completely for Monday night we’ll still come close, and it’ll probably be the highest home attendance of the season. Charging a low comparative price would make no business sense.

My post was entirely about Monday night, so I don’t see how Middlesbrough, Stoke, Forest and Derby are relevant. Do they all charge lower prices for big games than they do for the less popular ones?

Fair point. Just looking on Forest’s site now at the prices for their next 3 home games. They’re charging £25 against Hull and £28 for the Swansea and Villa games. 

Under 12s are £6, under 18s are £12 and under 24s are £14.

You don’t have to be a gold or silver member to qualify for those prices and Villa will be one of their biggest games of the season.

Easy to see why they’re averaging 5k more than us this year

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

They're catching us up, £33 cheapest adult ticket v Rotherham next week.

Dont forget with that 33 quid they are allowed to bring 2 of their rovrum cousins for free plus get a half and half scarf...also, if one one of the sides scores will the other set of fans still cheer for the goal ...not sure how it works with their special arrangement?

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, nilsson said:

Fair point. Just looking on Forest’s site now at the prices for their next 3 home games. They’re charging £25 against Hull and £28 for the Swansea and Villa games. 

Under 12s are £6, under 18s are £12 and under 24s are £14.

You don’t have to be a gold or silver member to qualify for those prices and Villa will be one of their biggest games of the season.

Easy to see why they’re averaging 5k more than us this year

They have also announced that they are knocking that old stand down and building a new one so their new capacity will be around 38k plus.

8 hours ago, Walt said:

Here's my situation, I'm a season ticket holder and have supported this club all my life but would I pay on the gate to watch Wednesday under the current pricing structure? No way, as I think the POTG pricing is disgusting, I could afford it - I just wouldn't pay it. How can this situation be even close to happening, how can someone who goes to every home match and has done for years (work and holidays permitting) suddenly just call it quits and not set foot in the ground again? That can not be right. Nowt to do with the standard of football on offer, nowt to do with the league we are playing in and nowt to do with who we are playing - just the pricing. I wonder how many others, loyal or part timers have been priced out of or just felt ripped off that have packed it in? Four of our lot who used to go home and away don't bother anymore - they play golf instead. I suppose golf can be an expensive sport but they would never have chosen to play in the first place if they didn't feel like they were being [ in their words] "fleeced at Wednesday." 

If there had been a rise in season ticket prices last season that'd have been me done, as it is my youngest lad now wants a season ticket next season - £75 is imo cracking value and it sort of brings the price of mine down in my mind. Wednesday could quite easily have lost me with just a token rise in prices, now they could have got the next generation hooked. All fine lines.

Did you go v Brentford? 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think prices put casuals off for the game on Monday.

Yes on here its a big, big game but once you have got out of habit of going £35 plus isnt a lot to pay for a game on TV

Also you are probably right Wednesday are not as big a club as many of our fans like to think we are.

It should be a huge game but I think we are being a bit harsh on our loyal part time fan base 

If it was £5 in all stands, Saturday at 3pm, we were top of the league by 30 points and it was played at Wembley they’d have snapped those tickets up like the huge Wednesdayites they are. 

Justice for the part timer 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, bradowl said:

They're catching us up, £33 cheapest adult ticket v Rotherham next week.

lets get this miff that utd are cheaper than us. it cost me and my young un this season more to go to there place than ive paid anywhere else. im sure I paid £18 for kids ticket . I wish there were some kind of rules stopping this rip off . should be £10 max for a kid and £30 for an adult . the small amount less each club would get would mean higher attendances and losing someone like david jones on something like 30k a week for doing nothing you could easily afford to reduce prices to a sensible level. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Portugal Owl said:

I am flying in to Manchester from Lisbon Monday morning then taking the train to Sheffield and going to the match. A few days in Sheffield then back to Portugal on Friday. After that it will be on IFollow. Unless we get to the playoff final in which case, like last time, I will fly in the day before to London, stay overnight and go to the match the next day. I am retired and have the time and obviously I can afford to do it. There was a time when I had a young family and didn't have a season ticket and couldn’t afford to go to some games. So I understand why some supporters faced with a choice of paying for a ticket or watching for nothing on TV will opt to stay at home. That doesn’t make them part time supporters any more than it did me when I couldn’t afford it. There is nothing to compare with watching Wednesday at Hillsbrough. Particularly when it’s a derby against Them. The moment I get to Hillsborough Park and see and hear the crowd on its way to the ground I get goose bumps. The banter, the chanting, the build up. Sometimes even the match. Nothing better. 

Great post - safe travels!

11 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

It’s normal to charge higher prices for the event that’s the biggest draw though. Tickets to see rock stars in huge arenas are usually high prices when compared to niche acts in small venues.

If the derby doesn’t completely sell out it’s  still going to be close, so revenue will be maximised. It’s a standard business model. DC will have seen how previous cheap ticket offers have had only minimal effect on attendances, so why do it when the attendance is guaranteed to be big anyway?

We go to watch Wednesday in the same place every match. There should be 2 categories - normal and ultra cheap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, torres said:

It should be a huge game but I think we are being a bit harsh on our loyal part time fan base 

If it was £5 in all stands, Saturday at 3pm, we were top of the league by 30 points and it was played at Wembley they’d have snapped those tickets up like the huge Wednesdayites they are. 

Justice for the part timer 

Give it a rest.

• Thanks 1

The club is reaping what it has sowed with the highest ticket prices in the league for the last 3 yeare. A lot of 5-10 match part-timers have given up going, unless its a £20 Saturday game. I find it it remarkable that we still get 22/23k with tickets averaging £40 in north or south. Most of these are ST holders, we’d have 26-28k if prices were like Forest or Blades. Add to that the football has been woeful for 18 months and the ground provides an awful match day experience due to lack of facilities, are we really surprised that the non-core supporters don’t want to shell out £45 on a Monday night when it’s on telly?? 

DC needs to look at Man City’s long term strategy for building up a fan base: price relatively low whilst you are building up the club, then price higher when you actually get some success; engage with the community through outreach projects to schools and ensure the ground is modernised to become a hub used by the whole community 7 days a week. I work in schools in Manchester and there are so many City coaches putting on after school   and holiday footy sessions and engaging kids with the ‘brand’. Granted they’ve had remarkable success, but they also face generations of being dominated by Man U.

Everyone in Sheffield knows Wednesday have more fans, but united are doing so much more to win the next generation round - and they’re having a brilliant season. If DC is really committed (!), he needs to show some gratitude towards the fan base and build it up, rather than taking us for granted. We don’t want Jordan Rhodes and Almen Abdi, we want a modernised Hillsborough with an honest and competitive first team. Brucey is the man, but he can’t drive this thing himself. 

Edited by JS8
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, JS8 said:

The club is reaping what it has sowed with the highest ticket prices in the league for the last 3 yeare. A lot of 5-10 match part-timers have given up going, unless its a £20 Saturday game. I find it it remarkable that we still get 22/23k with tickets averaging £40 in north or south. Most of these are ST holders, we’d have 26-28k if prices were like Forest or Blades. Add to that the football has been woeful for 18 months and the ground provides an awful match day experience due to lack of facilities, are we really surprised that the non-core supporters don’t want to shell out £45 on a Monday night when it’s on telly?? 

DC needs to look at Man City’s long term strategy for building up a fan base: price relatively low whilst you are building up the club, then price higher when you actually get some success; engage with the community through outreach projects to schools and ensure the ground is modernised to become a hub used by the whole community 7 days a week. I work in schools in Manchester and there are so many City coaches putting on after school   and holiday footy sessions and engaging kids with the ‘brand’. Granted they’ve had remarkable success, but they also face generations of being dominated by Man U.

Everyone in Sheffield knows Wednesday have more fans, but united are doing so much more to win the next generation round - and they’re having a brilliant season. If DC is really committed (!), he needs to show some gratitude towards the fan base and build it up, rather than taking us for granted. We don’t want Jordan Rhodes and Almen Abdi, we want a modernised Hillsborough with an honest and competitive first team. Brucey is the man, but he can’t drive this thing himself. 

DC doesnt have a long term plan for the club, he simply wants us in the PL. I agree 100% with what you said, but sadly it isn't going to happen with the owner. We just have to hope that if we do get up then the draw of PL football is enough to entice new supporters.