Utd tickets

1 minute ago, archieswfc said:

City ground was a sell out barring segregation. My point being mate that the day of the week makes no odds at other derbies. We use it as an excuse rather than just admitting we're not as big as we like to think we are. The hardcore are second to none. The floaters are very, very casual fans and don't really get the buzz of the derby. 

Here's my situation, I'm a season ticket holder and have supported this club all my life but would I pay on the gate to watch Wednesday under the current pricing structure? No way, as I think the POTG pricing is disgusting, I could afford it - I just wouldn't pay it. How can this situation be even close to happening, how can someone who goes to every home match and has done for years (work and holidays permitting) suddenly just call it quits and not set foot in the ground again? That can not be right. Nowt to do with the standard of football on offer, nowt to do with the league we are playing in and nowt to do with who we are playing - just the pricing. I wonder how many others, loyal or part timers have been priced out of or just felt ripped off that have packed it in? Four of our lot who used to go home and away don't bother anymore - they play golf instead. I suppose golf can be an expensive sport but they would never have chosen to play in the first place if they didn't feel like they were being [ in their words] "fleeced at Wednesday." 

If there had been a rise in season ticket prices last season that'd have been me done, as it is my youngest lad now wants a season ticket next season - £75 is imo cracking value and it sort of brings the price of mine down in my mind. Wednesday could quite easily have lost me with just a token rise in prices, now they could have got the next generation hooked. All fine lines.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Walt said:

Here's my situation, I'm a season ticket holder and have supported this club all my life but would I pay on the gate to watch Wednesday under the current pricing structure? No way, as I think the POTG pricing is disgusting, I could afford it - I just wouldn't pay it. How can this situation be even close to happening, how can someone who goes to every home match and has done for years (work and holidays permitting) suddenly just call it quits and not set foot in the ground again? That can not be right. Nowt to do with the standard of football on offer, nowt to do with the league we are playing in and nowt to do with who we are playing - just the pricing. I wonder how many others, loyal or part timers have been priced out of or just felt ripped off that have packed it in? Four of our lot who used to go home and away don't bother anymore - they play golf instead. I suppose golf can be an expensive sport but they would never have chosen to play in the first place if they didn't feel like they were being [ in their words] "fleeced at Wednesday." 

If there had been a rise in season ticket prices last season that'd have been me done, as it is my youngest lad now wants a season ticket next season - £75 is imo cracking value and it sort of brings the price of mine down in my mind. Wednesday could quite easily have lost me with just a token rise in prices, now they could have got the next generation hooked. All fine lines.

I just don’t see why when we have a HUGE stadium we don’t want to make every effort to fill it. Why exclude people?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

There is a whole host of factors as to why this game won’t sell out. The rip off ticket prices is one of them, and this will continue to be an issue long into the future until DC sees sense. 

no excuse for a one of game obviously most people only go to a game once every 2 months ticket is kind cheap if u spread the cost over dat time which is the disappointing part of it

Just now, nort pole owl said:

no excuse for a one of game obviously most people only go to a game once every 2 months ticket is kind cheap if u spread the cost over dat time which is the disappointing part of it

People fall out the habit mate. And when it’s on TV it’s an easy decision to make. The club need to do more to keep the match going fan engaged. It’s becoming more and more easy to watch from your home. That’s why this current pricing system is bonkers. 

Just now, owls maniac said:

People fall out the habit mate. And when it’s on TV it’s an easy decision to make. The club need to do more to keep the match going fan engaged. It’s becoming more and more easy to watch from your home. That’s why this current pricing system is bonkers. 

true....lets hope we get a full house as steve bruce deserves it. whats happen before with bad decision making on and off the field from dc nothing to do with bruce

5 minutes ago, nort pole owl said:

true....lets hope we get a full house as steve bruce deserves it. whats happen before with bad decision making on and off the field from dc nothing to do with bruce

People don’t see it like that sadly. Bruce’s arrival doesn’t lower ticket prices. 

Im sure if we are doing better next season some will be prepared to swallow the higher prices. 

8 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

I just don’t see why when we have a HUGE stadium we don’t want to make every effort to fill it. Why exclude people?

I dunno mate, I'm not that clever, although it seems that DC set the POTG prices so high as to get everyone to buy a season ticket. 

The reason the potg prices are so high is simply because DC is scared of losing season ticket holders if he lowers them.

If through the season these potg prices are changed for sky TV games, midweek one's etc , I as a season ticket holder wouldn't have a problem with this.

We need to have more £20 offers and definitely need to reduce prices when we are live on TV , until DC does this regularly , I don't think walk ups will increase.

7 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

I know plenty of people who identify as Wednesday fans who have not even considered going on Monday. Sadly they have long been out of the habit.

Sad that , I would honestly have thought though for the derby, fans would have made the effort even if it's their first match of the season.

18 minutes ago, Watto said:

We need to have more £20 offers and definitely need to reduce prices when we are live on TV

Just playing a devils advocaat...So, if the derby was £20 i'm fairly sure we would sell out, 10,000 pog, rather than the expected 5,000 ish

The actual income is more or less the same.

What some money men fail to realise though, a full stadium is beneficial for the team and good vibes amongst fans

Just now, sherlyegg said:

Just playing a devils advocaat...So, if the derby was £20 i'm fairly sure we would sell out, 10,000 pog, rather than the expected 5,000 ish

The actual income is more or less the same.

What some money men fail to realise though, a full stadium is beneficial for the team and good vibes amongst fans

And we’d be able to generate more revenue through advertising with a full stadium. Plus the extra food and beer sales.

Chansiri’s pricing makes no sense. It’s like a closed shop for non season ticket holders

It’s normal to charge higher prices for the event that’s the biggest draw though. Tickets to see rock stars in huge arenas are usually high prices when compared to niche acts in small venues.

If the derby doesn’t completely sell out it’s  still going to be close, so revenue will be maximised. It’s a standard business model. DC will have seen how previous cheap ticket offers have had only minimal effect on attendances, so why do it when the attendance is guaranteed to be big anyway?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

It’s normal to charge higher prices for the event that’s the biggest draw though. Tickets to see rock stars in huge arenas are usually high prices when compared to niche acts in small venues.

The big draws charge high prices because they still sell out at those prices. I’d understand it if we were. 

Do you think we should be getting better gates than Middlesbrough and Stoke or is that how big we are now?

If Forest and Derby can average 28k, we should be aiming for that aswell 

15 minutes ago, nilsson said:

The big draws charge high prices because they still sell out at those prices. I’d understand it if we were

Do you think we should be getting better gates than Middlesbrough and Stoke or is that how big we are now?

If Forest and Derby can average 28k, we should be aiming for that aswell 

Like I said, if we don’t sell out completely for Monday night we’ll still come close, and it’ll probably be the highest home attendance of the season. Charging a low comparative price would make no business sense.

My post was entirely about Monday night, so I don’t see how Middlesbrough, Stoke, Forest and Derby are relevant. Do they all charge lower prices for big games than they do for the less popular ones?