Utd tickets

52 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Hillsborough's current capacity is 34,854. I agree with matching what They gave us at the lane, but other seats not used (Lower west) should be sold or distributed to home fans. Otherwise it just becomes a pointless exercise. 

According to Wiki (yeah I know)...

North = 9,255

South = 11,352

Kop = 11,210

WU = 4,164

WL = 2,494

Kop Cnr = 400

Total = 38,875

North West Corner = 1,337.

It then goes on to say that current capacity is 34,854 on "Safety grounds". So does that mean then that you have 4,021 seats netted off in addition to the NW Corner? 

5 minutes ago, Class of 91 said:

North = 9,255

South = 11,352

Kop = 11,210

WU = 4,164

WL = 2,494

Kop Cnr = 400

Total = 38,875

It then goes on to say that current capacity is 34,854 on "Safety grounds". So does that mean then that you have 4,021 seats netted off in addition to the NW Corner? 

Yes...but some of it is "virtual netting".

54 minutes ago, Vernon1867 said:

Give Utd the lower tier, lower ticket prices all round and get the stadium full

Too much to ask from football in these days of great enlightenment isn't it?

Should be a near sell out in the home end tonight thankfully.

£20.00 a ticket 

2 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

And theres only 2 getting more away support? 

The away support is class but everyone who goes away has already got a season ticket. It doesn’t mean we’ve thousands of fans who are going to snap up tickets for a Monday night game at £46 a time.

Apart from the Birmingham game (when prices were reduced) we’ve not had more than 23,000 home fans at Hillsborough all season 

A win for us and Birmingham tonight puts us 6 points off the play offs. We've then got something to play for all of a sudden. Let's see if that scenario, although it's not a banker double by any stretch, brings a few more good time fans in for the biggest game if the season. Fingers crossed.

5 hours ago, We'llNeverBeMastered said:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking, the lower will be left empty. We've still got quite a few to shift on the south stand, looks like an embarrassing home attendance as it stands.

Embarrassing?? Is a bit strong. 

Some people work shifts and it's not as though it would be easy to get a swap when everyone is trying or hoping to be off. 

There's quite a few who work with me who have got to work next Monday night even though they attend games regularly. 

They'll still be over 30,000 attending which is more than turned up in early 00s and these games were at weekend with an allocation of 7,000 given to them lot across city. 

Tickets were much cheaper too. 

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Embarrassing?? Is a bit strong. 

Some people work shifts and it's not as though it would be easy to get a swap when everyone is trying or hoping to be off. 

There's quite a few who work with me who have got to work next Monday night even though they attend games regularly. 

They'll still be over 30,000 attending which is more than turned up in early 00s and these games were at weekend with an allocation of 7,000 given to them lot across city. 

Tickets were much cheaper too. 

In all honesty our support is good. We have a good hardcore, far from embarrassing. I can see where he's coming from though. Whenever we sell out we're telling the world how big we are. We've got to accept we're gonna get stick if we don't get a strong crowd here, in our biggest game. The embarrassing but is the masses of empty seats on view for the sky cameras for a game the rest of the country would assume to be a sell out. It does look a bit "tin pot" to quote some of our fans on here.

5 hours ago, Class of 91 said:

North = 9,255

South = 11,352

Kop = 11,210

WU = 4,164

WL = 2,494

Kop Cnr = 400

Total = 38,875

No 34, 854 is how many can safely fit in the ground. But then you have other factors such as segregation which will drop the capacity further for games such as the Derby. As last season we sold out (or very close to) and there were 32,800 there. 

Edited by flo

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Yeah basically due to the safety concerns of certain parties seats in areas cannot be sold. This capacity has gone up and the club are continuing to try and get it back up to 39,000.

just been informed by some pig Utd getting 600 tickets more in the morning,cos Owls not sold out,,can't be true ,can it ffs

15 hours ago, Brando17 said:

just been informed by some pig Utd getting 600 tickets more in the morning,cos Owls not sold out,,can't be true ,can it ffs

to be honest it makes sense. Were not selling the lower west to home supporters, which is the whole point of only giving them the 2300 tickets.

I know sales haven't been great which is not really surprising given the circumstances but we should have opened the lower west to home fans. Preferably cheap !!!

16 hours ago, Brando17 said:

Extra tickets are for upper tier, I doubt we were going to sell them to our own supporters. :Sid:

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Extra tickets are for upper tier, I doubt we were going to sell them to our own supporters. :Sid:

Christ I'm disappointed, thought they were moving the North Stand "lads" over there, 40 quid to be entertained for about 2 hours. (Not normally keen on the royal rumble, but this would be different)

Ah well as im less interested in the finger pointing, guess I might resort to watching what's happening on the pitch now.

• Haha 1