Iorfa is definitely a centre-half

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Imagine him in that system United play, as an overlapping centre back

I posted in the derby thread that a back 3 of Iorfa Lees Hector would be worth considering. United are obviously better at the system than we would be but I think them as a back 3 with Hutch in front would give us a good basis for stopping them 

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

Iorfa has good pace and great anticipation but he isn’t a fullback. He’s the sort of player I’d describe as having raw talent.  He did really well when he came on but I can’t see him deposing Palmer (who was fvvcking excellent yet again by the way. 

Hes the sort of player id describe as someone who hasnt played any proper football for aaages.

why make such statements on what he is based on less than an hour or 2 of footy for us?

how Hooper will look after 2 sub games, compared to how he will look after 15 games is two totally diff' players.

Iorfa is the same! let him get into the swing of it before you tell me what he can and cant do for us. it may carry more weight!

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
5 hours ago, shandypants said:

Iorfa has good pace and great anticipation but he isn’t a fullback. He’s the sort of player I’d describe as having raw talent.  He did really well when he came on but I can’t see him deposing Palmer (who was fvvcking excellent yet again by the way. 

Wow just wow!  Iorfa is a modern day full back. Strong, loads of pace and can attack and defend. Not only is he a right back, he’s also way better than Palmer (who is performing well himself at the moment).

Palmer has been doing very well but when Iorfa came on I thought he added another dimension to our play today.

He’s like an upgrade on Reda Johnson, he’s fast, powerful, looked solid defensively and can run at players.

Going forward is quite like to see Palmer on the right of midfield with Iorfa at rightback.

Also if you think back to when we were playing JJ and Antonio up front, for goal kicks we used to put Reda up front, paint Helan slotting back into left back just for the goal kick to give us more height and we could do this with Iorfa with Palmer covering at rightback just to give us another option in attack.

Just now, Drewswfc said:

Just looked exactly like Carlton palmer.... gerhim int middle ot park. 

Joking apart , some similarities with Carlton although obviously not at the same level.

Carlton could play centre half with his slippers on but it wasted his athletic ability. Similarly with Iorfa, why play him centre half when he gives the impression he could swashbuckle forward from fullback and create havoc.

Guest LittleG
5 hours ago, Ronio said:

He can play both.  

I think though we will see him play mostly at right back, Palmer possibly moved further forward.  

Hope not. Palmer looked lost further forward; excellent today at the back.

Guest LittleG
30 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Palmer has been doing very well but when Iorfa came on I thought he added another dimension to our play today.

He’s like an upgrade on Reda Johnson, he’s fast, powerful, looked solid defensively and can run at players.

Going forward is quite like to see Palmer on the right of midfield with Iorfa at rightback.

Also if you think back to when we were playing JJ and Antonio up front, for goal kicks we used to put Reda up front, paint Helan slotting back into left back just for the goal kick to give us more height and we could do this with Iorfa with Palmer covering at rightback just to give us another option in attack.

No no  no. Palmer was excellent at the back but lost when moved to right midfield 

3 minutes ago, LittleG said:

No no  no. Palmer was excellent at the back but lost when moved to right midfield 

I disagree. Although Palmer was excellent at right back I thought he worked well with Iorfa on that right hand side too.

He certainly didn’t look lost there.

1 hour ago, Drewswfc said:

I ain't joking. I'd give him a go int middle of the park..... ball winning and space closing legs.. . Palmer came to us from wba as mainly a CB who could play midfield and look what happened

If nothing else, I’d like to see it tried.

• Like 1