Iorfa is definitely a centre-half

22 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Iorfa has good pace and great anticipation but he isn’t a fullback. He’s the sort of player I’d describe as having raw talent.  He did really well when he came on but I can’t see him deposing Palmer (who was fvvcking excellent yet again by the way. 

Don't agree for two reasons.  Nothing got past him.  When he came on he deposed Palmer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Only listened on Radio so couldn't comment, but what makes you say he cant take Palmer's place, 

not as good, or isn't a right back?

He looks good but it’s all raw physicality and pace and some anticipation - the kind amid attributes to snuff out trouble but not really to go forward. He looks a great centre-half playing fullback if you get my drift.   

22 minutes ago, shandypants said:

He looks good but it’s all raw physicality and pace and some anticipation - the kind amid attributes to snuff out trouble but not really to go forward. He looks a great centre-half playing fullback if you get my drift.   

He came on primarily to make sure we snuffed out James' pace. He did that job and one of the few times he took the chance to attack he got in behind their full-back and got a decent ball in.

Having Palmer play wide midfield in front of him didn't exactly give him much opportunity for link up play and getting forward, the subs didn't help at all in an attacking sense.

12 minutes ago, swfc-dan said:

Totally bombed past Naughton I think and created a chance for us, that pace will be great vs oppo wingers too. Plus strong and solid in the tackle, definately can play either position.

Imagine him in that system United play, as an overlapping centre back

It is more likely that in the summer Bruce might want to move towards having a squad that can play 3-5-2 effectively and Iorfa will get his chance at CB then but is certainly capable of playing either position for the remainder of this season.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Iorfa has good pace and great anticipation but he isn’t a fullback. He’s the sort of player I’d describe as having raw talent.  He did really well when he came on but I can’t see him deposing Palmer (who was fvvcking excellent yet again by the way. 

FFs 

• Thanks 1