One Tony Foulds #WAWAW

Hat's off and raise a glass to Tony Foulds, and the English in general for remembering WWII, and the 8th Army Air Force of the USA...one of my Uncles flew with the 303rd, out of Molesworth, 1942-43, and in '01 I think it was, a memorial to the 303rd was built, there on a unused part of RAF Molesworth.  The plane Foulds speaks of, flew with the 305th.

As for stretching the truth, I dunno, at 82 years old he may have been remembering the attendance during the 1970's, seems like just yesterday, even to me and I'm only 61.  I don't know how big the crowd was for the flyover, news says several hundred, which is to their credit, and every American is proud that Englishmen well remember the 8th.  

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Neon Nick said:

Hat's off and raise a glass to Tony Foulds, and the English in general for remembering WWII, and the 8th Army Air Force of the USA...one of my Uncles flew with the 303rd, out of Molesworth, 1942-43, and in '01 I think it was, a memorial to the 303rd was built, there on a unused part of RAF Molesworth.  The plane Foulds speaks of, flew with the 305th.

As for stretching the truth, I dunno, at 82 years old he may have been remembering the attendance during the 1970's, seems like just yesterday, even to me and I'm only 61.  I don't know how big the crowd was for the flyover, news says several hundred, which is to their credit, and every American is proud that Englishmen well remember the 8th.  

Top post pal

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dunsbyowl said:

#Sheffield #Legend deserves an OBE & a free lifetime season ticket at Wednesday #SWFC Tony Foulds quote "It's been a tremendous day, I don't know how many there must have been, at least ten thousand. That's more than they get at (Sheffield) United" #WAWAW

https://www.itv.com/news/calendar/2019-02-22/us-airforce-flypast-over-sheffield/

skynews-tony-foulds-ww2_4586123.thumb.jpg.7480c09a70146f9a0dd78bff1edf5de1.jpg

8 hours ago, Neon Nick said:

10,000 in the park. Massive crowd