When was the last time we got a Penalty.

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

We are the slowest team in the league hardly get in the box without any pace .answer ,im hoping bruce with change this because last 2 years have 90% of the time been painful to watch . Miss jj and antinio bombing down the wings 

Who is this MissJJ does she do a turn :ph34r:

3 hours ago, dorian gray said:

they're not standing about waiting for it to be 'hoofed' outa the defence, for nigh on 3 years they've been stood amongst a posse of defenders, heavily marked up waiting 2 minutes for our backline to pass one square ball after another whilst dragging itself to the half way line, and finally crossing into opposition territory, for the then midfield to take a further 2 minutes not being able to break down the now newly assembled opposition defensive m/f and defence (that has taken advantage of having ALL DAY to get back) into position, until we move 3 or even 4 men out wide to work another over complex multi short passing move that will eventually defeat the fullback and his m/f support (if we're lucky) for a cross to come in to the grossly outnumbered lone striker we have in there due to the numbers we have wasted in the build up play.

Pretty accurate that.lol

I did some quick research on this recently. Out of the current 24 teams in the Champ we are ranked about 17th over the last 5 years in terms of penalties awarded. But that doesn't account for some teams like Stoke and Swansea who have been in the Prem a lot of those years hence less games. Also i think Ipswich were ranked 24th as they hardly ever get penalties and Millwall were top from memory. 

Guest everydays_wednesday

We should get Franny Lee in to coach our players in the art of winning penalties.

Anyone of a young dissposition check youtube on something i believe is called the interweb to see what i mean :-)

5 minutes ago, darra said:

According to SSN on Saturday that the blunts haven't conceded a penalty this season.

This is true, which suprised me as some of their defending is out of the Royal Rumble

Penalties awarded/Conceded:

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/ForPenalty?comp_id=615

https://www.statbunker.com/competitions/AgainstPenalty?comp_id=615

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye that one - maybe you missed the sarcastic tone of my post somewhere? :rolleyes:

Nope didn’t miss it. Just stating the fact.