HOW MANY CAN WE NAME ?

came across this photo from 1966 …….seems to be 1st team front row that most will be able  name , 2nd row reserves a few I don't know ,back row youth players of which I think I can spot a young Kenny burton ………… a bonus point if anyone can name the guy  on the front row with just his arm in view 

DSCN0291.JPG

Edited by torryowl
  • Thanks 1

3 or 4 years before my time, this...and I'm struggling a bit with the front row, let alone the others!

Don't think it will be, but it looks like a young sammy todd, back row, centre(7th from left)....and is Kenny Burton, back row, 2nd from right?

The guy 4th from left, top row, also looks like Holsgrove, but I know it isn't him.

I suppose Sam Ellis must be in there, somewhere?

On ‎19‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 23:32, FirthParkOwl said:

3 or 4 years before my time, this...and I'm struggling a bit with the front row, let alone the others!

Don't think it will be, but it looks like a young sammy todd, back row, centre(7th from left)....and is Kenny Burton, back row, 2nd from right?

The guy 4th from left, top row, also looks like Holsgrove, but I know it isn't him.

I suppose Sam Ellis must be in there, somewhere?

I think your right with a young Kenny burton ……...well before holsgrove  & todd arrived …...

Ey up Torry great pic Ive not seen that one before,Im ok with the first two rows :tango:

front is:McCalliog,Ellis Eustace,Pugh,Smith Wicks,Megson,Ford Quinn,Fantham,Young ,Dobson,Hill

2nd row up is Branfoot,is the next Adrian Wall?, ?,young Witham,cant remember,Gary Scothorn?,Colin Symm,Hickton,? is the next David Mobley?,dont know,Usher.

Ken Burton 2nd from the end back row,theres a few I should know but names escape me

10 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

Ey up Torry great pic Ive not seen that one before,Im ok with the first two rows :tango:

front is:McCalliog,Ellis Eustace,Pugh,Smith Wicks,Megson,Ford Quinn,Fantham,Young ,Dobson,Hill

2nd row up is Branfoot,is the next Adrian Wall?, ?,young Witham,cant remember,Gary Scothorn?,Colin Symm,Hickton,? is the next David Mobley?,dont know,Usher.

Ken Burton 2nd from the end back row,theres a few I should know but names escape me

the players arnt listed i'm afraid so cant give an answer …….your spot on with the front row ...middle row the ones I'm confident about are  branfoot ,?,woodall,whitham,davies ,scothorn,symm,noble,?,?,? usher ……….the player who's arm is next to mccalliog is hickton(I couldn't get him in the shot) ..springett and vic mobley are missing for some reason ……...wall , Freddie mccalliog, dave mobley would be in there somewhere but cant remember what they looked like .

On 22/02/2019 at 09:35, torryowl said:

the players arnt listed i'm afraid so cant give an answer …….your spot on with the front row ...middle row the ones I'm confident about are  branfoot ,?,woodall,whitham,davies ,scothorn,symm,noble,?,?,? usher ……….the player who's arm is next to mccalliog is hickton(I couldn't get him in the shot) ..springett and vic mobley are missing for some reason ……...wall , Freddie mccalliog, dave mobley would be in there somewhere but cant remember what they looked like .

Yeah I spotted Woodall after Id replied.

Im friends with Dave Mobley I could ask him if he knows any of the missing names

Quick as a flash David Mobleys given me some of the missing names,

Back Row 1st is Freddie McCalliog,4th along Adrian Wall,6th Pickering (not sure on 1st name,7th David Newton,8th Tony Stenson,10th could be David Sunley 11th Ken Burton 12th John Moyes

Middle row  1st Logan 6th Brian Davies 9th Frank Noble 10th Andy Burgin.

Hes off to see Vic in NZ next week and hel ask him if he can fill in the blanks 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, legendaryswan said:

Quick as a flash David Mobleys given me some of the missing names,

Back Row 1st is Freddie McCalliog,4th along Adrian Wall,6th Pickering (not sure on 1st name,7th David Newton,8th Tony Stenson,10th could be David Sunley 11th Ken Burton 12th John Moyes

Middle row  1st Logan 6th Brian Davies 9th Frank Noble 10th Andy Burgin.

Hes off to see Vic in NZ next week and hel ask him if he can fill in the blanks 

well done mate ...I should have known andy burgin as I saw his debut in the cup at everton when he scored the own goal …...the little lad  next to usher and the one between branfoot and woodall are the 2 mystery ones . 

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

well done mate ...I should have known andy burgin as I saw his debut in the cup at everton when he scored the own goal …...the little lad  next to usher and the one between branfoot and woodall are the 2 mystery ones . 

No worries,Davids sent Jack Witham the picture now to see if he knows any that he missed

• Thanks 1