Honolulu Wednesday

On 19/02/2019 at 06:11, Mycroft said:

A  brilliant day out, fantastic to experience, the atmosphere and the genuine applause from the Norwich fans was amazing.

We went to Great Yarmouth for the night.  I had three takeaways within an hour or so.  And then got attacked by one of the lads letting off the fire extinguisher back at the BB.   

Someone knows how to live...what were your 3 takeaways. Please don’t say 3 kebabs or hotdogs! Hoping for full banquet Indian, Chinese banquet and then fish and chips 

Edited by Rogers

20 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Most football songs are cringe. 

They really arent though are they?

There arent people sat cringing in the stands at "most songs"

People arent sat at home watching a game on TV cringing at the songs

Yes you could argue that lyrically they arent the most genius words ever put to a tune but hundreds of thousands of people are singing them up and down the country on weekends

Edited by Miffed

10 minutes ago, Miffed said:

They really arent though are they?

There arent people sat cringing in the stands at "most songs"

People arent sat at home watching a game on TV cringing at the songs

Yes you could argue that lyrically they arent the most genius words ever put to a tune but hundreds of thousands of people are singing them up and down the country on weekends

Although there were a few of us cringing, when those Gary, Gary, give us a wave chants rang out

17 hours ago, Geoff Hatcher said:

Honolulu Wednesday

Not reading the whole thread so apologies if its already answered. started at Preston away in 2000, we were on an uncovered terrace and it started snowing, some blokes started singing it and it caught on

You need to read the whole thread mate.  Some can remember it being sung as far back as the late 70's.  

I remember stood on kop 88-89 - next to a guy called paul ( he wasnt known as tango then ) a couple of lads from rovrum and a fella who was p#issed every game who shouted s’cuse me s’cuse me cos he was always off to bog!... they constantly sang honalula baby where dya get those eyes ! - over years it was changed to honalulu wednesday. Maybe tango knows