9 hours ago, Albertowl said:

First time i remember was at Norwich early 90's, when we seemed to sing it for about half of the game non stop, but might have been around before that?

Had an old mate who i haven't seen since the early 80's who used to sing it.  First heard it on the coach to Carlisle probably 79/80 season.

Honolulu Leeds and Honolulu Derby have been singing that for 2 seasons now.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

A great day out, were you living down there at that point?

I've been living in east Anglia  this time since 1983. 

...and Mrs Halls Toffee rolls.

Never heard that or HW anywhere else ...oh and I want that shirt also. £30 tops though.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, A12owl said:

I've been living in east Anglia  this time since 1983. 

Nice part of the world, I’m contemplating the move myself

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

I was there that day. 27th August. In the old stand at Norwich.

Loads and loads of inflatables and hula skirts. The singing didn't stop from 2.45pm until after 5pm . Incredible atmosphere. Couldn't believe how much noise about 2000 could make. 

we lost 2-0 but nobody seemed to care. It was a bank holiday and many were going on to yarmouth for the weekend .

Honolulu was sung most of the game.

Mental, mental day out that. 

Edited by Maddogbob

40 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Nice part of the world, I’m contemplating the move myself

As with all areas of the country....there are good not so good and areas to avoid.

The larger towns have changed over the years. Many nice rural areas. It depends what you need in your life.

Big downside....its a flipping long way to Sheffield. Rubbish roads no motorways lots of tractors.

Choose carefully guru.

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

As with all areas of the country....there are good not so good and areas to avoid.

The larger towns have changed over the years. Many nice rural areas. It depends what you need in your life.

Big downside....its a flipping long way to Sheffield. Rubbish roads no motorways lots of tractors.

Choose carefully guru.

It’s a long way to anywhere Spent all last summer up there, and I know Norfolk well, and the proximity to the coast is a bonus  The choice for me is, city life in Norwich, or a more rural retreat. I’m torn

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It’s a long way to anywhere Spent all last summer up there, and I know Norfolk well, and the proximity to the coast is a bonus  The choice for me is, city life in Norwich, or a more rural retreat. I’m torn

Obviously depends on yours and your family requirements both leisure and work. Some really nice villages within reach of the city and the coast.

Probably will be premier football next year as well which will mean no Wednesday away games locally. Ipswich going down and Norwich going up will leave a void in Wednesday away games for me. 

On 18/02/2019 at 07:16, hirstyno9 said:

So many football songs are generic these days, supporters copying each other’s chants – but in Honolulu Wednesday I feel like we have a truly original and unique football song.

I hope nobody is going to tell me we actually stole this chant from another club!!?

I believe it was originally a Laurel & Hardy song back in the 1930's.

It's been around a while, but can anyone remember when we started singing it, does anybody recall when they first heard it?

Anyway, a recent trip to the shops inspired me to design a Honolulu Hoodie. Would anyone be interested in one of these?

Honolulu Hoodies CWL.jpg

That badge no too big, left breast, good quality polo shirt please, 

Edited by Geedee

19 hours ago, hirstyno9 said:

Coming soon ~ Club Honolulu 

Pay £500 now, and receive a free Hawaiian shirt when we reach the Premier League!!

Or did I get confused!?

club honolulu copy.jpg

Do you sell these shirts, if so how much and link please

I can picture Norwich away this season with 2,500 Wednesday fans all wearing that shirt. It would be brilliant.

Did we really sing it back in the 80s? I'd always thought the band created it towards the end of the 2000/01 season.

If so there must have been a long gap in between where it wasn't used.

Also that Norwich game was 1-0 and in April.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Never mind that

Is anyone selling that shirt yet?

Sold out

• Haha 1

It's one of the best chants of the lot.

Anthemic and can be sung for 5-10mins on the right days and just gets better!  It was sung at Fulham last season for a good few minutes.

Gets 2 pages in the book 'The history of football chants' and the book rightly points out it defies logic.

Not a huge fan of concourse moments but this one below I like and remember mainly as it's at a rarity at home, 3-0 up at HT to Birmingham. Let's face it Home concourse moments are pretty unwarranted these last 2 seasons. :(

Shows how the song can be sung.

• Agree 2

26 minutes ago, Growling said:

It's one of the best chants of the lot.

Anthemic and can be sung for 5-10mins on the right days and just gets better!  It was sung at Fulham last season for a good few minutes.

Gets 2 pages in the book 'The history of football chants' and the book rightly points out it defies logic.

Not a huge fan of concourse moments but this one below I like and remember mainly as it's at a rarity at home, 3-0 up at HT to Birmingham. Let's face it Home concourse moments are pretty unwarranted these last 2 seasons. :(

Shows how the song can be sung.

Nah, need to slow it down a bit

• Agree 4

On 18/02/2019 at 13:44, hirstyno9 said:

Coming soon ~ Club Honolulu 

Pay £500 now, and receive a free Hawaiian shirt when we reach the Premier League!!

Or did I get confused!?

club honolulu copy.jpg

MAKE THE SHIRT !!!!!

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1