Honolulu Wednesday

4 hours ago, A12owl said:

I was there that day. 27th August. In the old stand at Norwich.

Loads and loads of inflatables and hula skirts. The singing didn't stop from 2.45pm until after 5pm . Incredible atmosphere. Couldn't believe how much noise about 2000 could make. 

we lost 2-0 but nobody seemed to care. It was a bank holiday and many were going on to yarmouth for the weekend .

Honolulu was sung most of the game.

Mental, mental day out that. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

As with all areas of the country....there are good not so good and areas to avoid.

The larger towns have changed over the years. Many nice rural areas. It depends what you need in your life.

Big downside....its a flipping long way to Sheffield. Rubbish roads no motorways lots of tractors.

Choose carefully guru.

It’s a long way to anywhere Spent all last summer up there, and I know Norfolk well, and the proximity to the coast is a bonus  The choice for me is, city life in Norwich, or a more rural retreat. I’m torn

On 18/02/2019 at 07:16, hirstyno9 said:

So many football songs are generic these days, supporters copying each other’s chants – but in Honolulu Wednesday I feel like we have a truly original and unique football song.

I hope nobody is going to tell me we actually stole this chant from another club!!?

I believe it was originally a Laurel & Hardy song back in the 1930's.

It's been around a while, but can anyone remember when we started singing it, does anybody recall when they first heard it?

Anyway, a recent trip to the shops inspired me to design a Honolulu Hoodie. Would anyone be interested in one of these?

Honolulu Hoodies CWL.jpg

That badge no too big, left breast, good quality polo shirt please, 

Edited by Geedee

It's one of the best chants of the lot.

Anthemic and can be sung for 5-10mins on the right days and just gets better!  It was sung at Fulham last season for a good few minutes.

Gets 2 pages in the book 'The history of football chants' and the book rightly points out it defies logic.

Not a huge fan of concourse moments but this one below I like and remember mainly as it's at a rarity at home, 3-0 up at HT to Birmingham. Let's face it Home concourse moments are pretty unwarranted these last 2 seasons. :(

Shows how the song can be sung.

26 minutes ago, Growling said:

It's one of the best chants of the lot.

Anthemic and can be sung for 5-10mins on the right days and just gets better!  It was sung at Fulham last season for a good few minutes.

Gets 2 pages in the book 'The history of football chants' and the book rightly points out it defies logic.

Not a huge fan of concourse moments but this one below I like and remember mainly as it's at a rarity at home, 3-0 up at HT to Birmingham. Let's face it Home concourse moments are pretty unwarranted these last 2 seasons. :(

Shows how the song can be sung.

Nah, need to slow it down a bit