Honolulu Wednesday

So many football songs are generic these days, supporters copying each other’s chants – but in Honolulu Wednesday I feel like we have a truly original and unique football song.

I hope nobody is going to tell me we actually stole this chant from another club!!?

I believe it was originally a Laurel & Hardy song back in the 1930's.

It's been around a while, but can anyone remember when we started singing it, does anybody recall when they first heard it?

Anyway, a recent trip to the shops inspired me to design a Honolulu Hoodie. Would anyone be interested in one of these?

Honolulu Hoodies CWL.jpg

• Like 8

36 minutes ago, Hirst1867 said:

I think it's our worst chant of the lot

I would say it's almost the polar opposite, think its very left field with no real connection to Wednesday leaves everyone scratching their head but a very positive uplifting chant.

Even the opposite fans seem to like it.  Seem to think it was sung in the late 80's. Also, love  'Alway's look on the Brightside of life" which Wednesday fans sang at the time of the film coming out.  

• Like 2

Guest Hirst1867
45 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I would say it's almost the polar opposite, think its very left field with no real connection to Wednesday leaves everyone scratching their head but a very positive uplifting chant.

Even the opposite fans seem to like it.  Seem to think it was sung in the late 80's. Also, love  'Alway's look on the Brightside of life" which Wednesday fans sang at the time of the film coming out.  

Always look on the bright side is one of my favourites

We never do it now though

6 hours ago, Mycroft said:

When did they make a film about Brightside Mycroft ?.....

lol

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Mycroft said:

tenor.gif

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, hirstyno9 said:

So many football songs are generic these days, supporters copying each other’s chants – but in Honolulu Wednesday I feel like we have a truly original and unique football song.

I hope nobody is going to tell me we actually stole this chant from another club!!?

I believe it was originally a Laurel & Hardy song back in the 1930's.

It's been around a while, but can anyone remember when we started singing it, does anybody recall when they first heard it?

Anyway, a recent trip to the shops inspired me to design a Honolulu Hoodie. Would anyone be interested in one of these?

Honolulu Hoodies CWL.jpg

Too small for me . Do they make them in " fat arse " sizes  ? 

• Haha 1