Team for Swansea

I think Bruce needs to experiment a bit, we need to find a winning formula. I think we need more pace in the team and perhaps a bit extra coming down the flanks.

I think the below gives us that and also a bit more height for set plays too...

Westwood

Iorfa

Thornley

Hector

Lazaar

Bannan

Hutch

Reach

Boyd

Fletcher

Joao

I’d be tempted to keep Aarons as an impact sub.

Guest LittleG
16 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Nuhiu League time on pitch 18/19 - 1306 mins

Team goals 19

League time pitch without Nuhiu - 1664 mins

Team goals 17

....just saying.

Presumably the minutes played when he has come on as a sub are included in your first statement. Then a correct calculation would be to not include goals scored before he comes on. Not really a fair comparison, just saying.

Rather surprised at the first dozen or so posters who seem to be screaming for Hector's head. Yes. He had a stinker on Saturday. BUT he wasn't on his own. And for the last few games , almost everyone has been praising him to the heights.. Oh to be a Wednesday player, and have the MASSIVE support. 

22 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We know it will be.

Westwood 

Palmer Hector Thorniley Fox

Reach Hutchinson Bannan Boyd

Joao  Fletcher 

Will probably be this.

But I would go:

Westwood

Iorfa Hector Thorniley Lazaar

Aarons Hutchinson Bannan Matias

Fletcher Joao

Bannan is on his last chance due to lack of alternative, and Joao needs to improve aswell.

53 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Will probably be this.

But I would go:

Westwood

Iorfa Hector Thorniley Lazaar

Aarons Hutchinson Bannan Matias

Fletcher Joao

Bannan is on his last chance due to lack of alternative, and Joao needs to improve aswell.

Joao will instantly improve being put with Fletcher and not Forestieri, And believe it or not so will Bannan not having Forestieri asking for the ball off him on the half way line.

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Joao will instantly improve being put with Fletcher and not Forestieri, And believe it or not so will Bannan not having Forestieri asking for the ball off him on the half way line.

Joao will play a different position, probably his preferred position, so yes should do better. It’s because Joao can’t play the main striker role not because FF was on the pitch.

Equally if Bannan’s poor  performance was down to FF why was he crap when FF was sunning himself in Argentina or somewhere. 

FF was our second best player behind Hutch on Saturday .

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Joao will play a different position, probably his preferred position, so yes should do better. It’s because Joao can’t play the main striker role not because FF was on the pitch.

Equally if Bannan’s poor  performance was down to FF why was he crap when FF was sunning himself in Argentina or somewhere. 

FF was our second best player behind Hutch on Saturday .

The point you make with Joao is exactly the one I was making. said it in another thread earlier.

With Bannan, both him and Forestieri want to be the play maker in exactly the same way that Pogba and Sanchez do for United.  Very rarely do you get both play well at the same time unless one sacrifices the need to be on the ball all the time.

3 hours ago, LittleG said:

Presumably the minutes played when he has come on as a sub are included in your first statement. Then a correct calculation would be to not include goals scored before he comes on. Not really a fair comparison, just saying.

Nope.

Its the goals we have scored whilst he was on the pitch.

Im a nerd. 

18 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The point you make with Joao is exactly the one I was making. said it in another thread earlier.

With Bannan, both him and Forestieri want to be the play maker in exactly the same way that Pogba and Sanchez do for United.  Very rarely do you get both play well at the same time unless one sacrifices the need to be on the ball all the time.

I don’t see any reason that Bannan and FF can’t play in the same team. They have done in the past.

The issue with Bannan is that he wants to be the playmaker on the edge of his own box rather than taking the opposition on in midfield.

Consequently the whole team ends up deeper and the forwards including FF and Joao were getting the ball on Saturday with their back to goal on the halfway line and expected to work miracles. FF had one ball to run onto and got hacked down.

We have the deepest, least proactive centre midfield in the league 

Guest LittleG
44 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Nope.

Its the goals we have scored whilst he was on the pitch.

Im a nerd. 

You really need to get out more!

7 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

It's all about the partnerships I think. Joao and Forestieri don't work at all. both want to come and get the ball. Forestieri ends up in his own half and Joao is forced to play the Fletcher hold up role. And he can not do it.

This and Bannan dropping so deep all the time are why we struggle to form any attacks.

Can't wait for Hooper to return. Even at 80% fit, seriously. He makes the world of difference.

NO it isn't.

It's about our strikers being overpaid FLOPS

How man chances is JOAO going to get, he has been here for 4 years, and still is seen a W.I.P?

He is a 1 game in 6 player, get rid, along with Nuhiu, Fletcher, Hooper, and FF, bring in new younger and hungry players.

22 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

NO it isn't.

It's about our strikers being overpaid FLOPS

How man chances is JOAO going to get, he has been here for 4 years, and still is seen a W.I.P?

He is a 1 game in 6 player, get rid, along with Nuhiu, Fletcher, Hooper, and FF, bring in new younger and hungry players.

If not for the injures Hooper would be up there with the best this league has to offer.

The rest you may have a point.

In the absence of Forestieri and also trying something new tactically I’d like to see Bannan given a try in the No 10 role.

His shooting has been awful because he’s trying to score 30 yarders from his deep position. Let him try from in and around the box.

So.

Westwood

Iorfa

Lees 

Hector

Lazaar

Hutchinson

Palmer 

Reach 

Aarons

Bannan

Joao/Fletcher.

We’re going to need all the pace we can conjure up against Swansea, and why not put Palmer back in midfield where he made a very promising start  a few years ago. If it looks wrong Brucie can change it at half time .

Tin hat at the ready.

Guest LittleG
28 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

How dare you.

Ive been out 58% of Mondays,44% of Tuesdays...

I know you like stats so here we go -

Joao.     0.63 goals per 90 minutes

FF.          0.38

Fletcher 0.28

Matias.  O.21

Nuhiu.    0.14

Assists

Fletch.    0.11 per 90 minutes

FF.           0.09 

Joao.      0.07

Matias.   0.07

Nuhiu.     0.00