Team for Swansea

Westwood

full back..................centre half                         centre half                        full back

PACE!..................midfielder                    midfielder                                   PACE!!!

Fletcher Joao

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Westwood

Palmer   Lees   Hector     Fox

Hutchinson 

Reach             Bannan 

Matias         Fletcher          Aarons

Matias for Boyd. And I think that will be very close to what he picks.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Matias for Boyd. And I think that will be very close to what he picks.

Indeed I think there is zero chance of Matias starting.

It's just what I would do.

Boyd is clearly a Bruce man and Matias is out of favour. 

However , IMO, a squad so devoid of pace needs someone like him in  the match day squad.

He still remains the onky player this season to have made runs in behind wanting the ball rather than  the modern trend of wanting it to feet 30 yards from goal. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

However , IMO, a squad so devoid of pace needs someone like him in  the match day squad.

He still remains the onky player this season to have made runs in behind wanting the ball rather than  the modern trend of wanting it to feet 30 yards from goal. 

Last couple of times Matias has played there seems to be a lack of communication with the other front man...Fletcher for instance...The flick on goes one way , Matias invariably is running the other.

Admittedly its not easy for either..Fletcher to direct a flick on accurately, nor Matias to react...But say for instance Fletch said "always go left."..maybe it could produce summat....

mind you I can see us tryin' that Satday an' Matias after 89 minutes sayin'

"Ohh your left..........................

Edited by asteener1867
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

Westwood

Palmer   Lees   Hector     Fox

Hutchinson 

Reach             Bannan 

Matias         Fletcher          Aarons

Thats the formation I’d play.

Once fit, Id rather Onomah was in our midfield 3 instead of Reach so he can be deployed in a wide attack role to compete with FF and Aarons. I know you are putting a team for next week but I think that would provide us with the right balance.

I think we suit a back 4 and a midfield 3 and Bruce needs to get his tactics right. 

50 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Not sure that's what Bruce wants is it.

Has he ever had runners in behind.  Has Played with quick mobile front men but not sure they played off the shoulder. 

I think we have had Forestieri start and he is the luxury player so to speak. Aarons and Matias I believe also fall into this category. 

Workman like one side, flair the other.

So think he brings in Aarons for Forestieri and maybe Matias will be on the bench unless he has decided that he is done at the club.

Honestly don't see him going with two out and out flair players either side of Fletcher from the get go. which may explain why we haven't seen Aarons start yet. 

Think Aarons comes in for Forestieri and i would love him to go with Reach on that right hand side of the attack.  But think this only becomes a possibility once Onomah is available again for the midfield.

1 hour ago, Lord Snooty said:

I fear the same, that Boyd is one of Bruce’s boys...he’s the definition of cement boots, Sedgwick-esque 

6 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

We know it will be.

Westwood 

Palmer Hector Thorniley Fox

Reach Hutchinson Bannan Boyd

Joao  Fletcher 

Sorry, but it will be

Westwood

Palmer Lees Hector Fox

Hutch  Bannan

Reach Joao Boyd

Fletcher

Personally I'd swap Aarons for Boyd.

For me the 433 didn't work nor did the 442, Bruce and Agnew said they played 3 at the back at Hull so I really would go 352:

Westwood

Hector Lees Thorniley

Iorfa Reach Hutchinson Bannan Lazaar

João Fletcher

Subs: Fox, Pelupessy, Winnall, Nuhiu, Boyd, Dawson, Aarons

Edited by Loughborough Owl

38 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Sorry, but it will be

Westwood

Palmer Lees Hector Fox

Hutch  Bannan

Reach Joao Boyd

Fletcher

Personally I'd swap Aarons for Boyd.

Personally I'd play with 10 as opposed to start with Boyd. Reminds me of 20 years ago watching gladiators on a Saturday after the wednesday match in that when he runs it's as though he's on the travelator...legs go but doesn't get anywhere.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Holmowl said:

With games Saturday-Tuesday I expect we will see Fletcher, Joao, Nuhiu and (fit?) Winnall each getting some game time. 

Surely we can play two proper strikers at home to Swansea and Brentford?

Problem is that means a 4-4-2 and we just don’t have the right central midfielders for that.

The only other option then is to play 3-5-2 which could work if we’re positive with it.

13 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

What concerns me is the lack of any threat up front.

We have 4-5 STRIKESR'S in the squad, have they score 25 goals between them yet?.

It's all about the partnerships I think. Joao and Forestieri don't work at all. both want to come and get the ball. Forestieri ends up in his own half and Joao is forced to play the Fletcher hold up role. And he can not do it.

This and Bannan dropping so deep all the time are why we struggle to form any attacks.

Can't wait for Hooper to return. Even at 80% fit, seriously. He makes the world of difference.