It doesn't help

it doesn't help us when the manager comes out with stuff like "it's their (the opposition's) cup final". It just gees the opposition up and at the same time makes us look arrogant at worst, deluded at best. What have we achieved over the last 20 years? We need to move on (forwards) but that won't happen until we take a look in the mirror and acknowledge where we are today

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, Another Notts Owl said:

it doesn't help us when the manager comes out with stuff like "it's their (the opposition's) cup final". It just gees the opposition up and at the same time makes us look arrogant at worst, deluded at best. What have we achieved over the last 20 years? We need to move on (forwards) but that won't happen until we take a look in the mirror and acknowledge where we are today

A quote supported by their manager might I add...

3 minutes ago, Another Notts Owl said:

Their own manager said that somebody who scored a winner would go into folklore for eternity (or words to that effect).

Rotherham were going to be up for it regardless of what Bruce said.

1 hour ago, Another Notts Owl said:

When was the last time a wednesday manager bigged us up..........................................i can't remember one doing it,and ya know summat its about god dam time,never mind all this respect nicey,nicey gubbins,couldn't and haven't given a shiny shyte about what other teams fans think about my club,especially the ones in and around south yorkshire,f--k em all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Another Notts Owl said:

Grow up 

7 hours ago, DELUDED OWL said:

When was the last time a wednesday manager bigged us up..........................................i can't remember one doing it,and ya know summat its about god dam time,never mind all this respect nicey,nicey gubbins,couldn't and haven't given a shiny shyte about what other teams fans think about my club,especially the ones in and around south yorkshire,f--k em all.

garymegson

8 hours ago, Another Notts Owl said:

Don't think Bruce's quote mmade any difference to rotherhams efforts, they are fighting for championship status and have a togetherness, think were lacking that and the money thats been splashed around to our players hasnt helped, a good clearout required.

Edited by debram
Spelling

9 hours ago, Another Notts Owl said:

20Jm.gif

• Haha 3

I must say, when I first heard Bruce say it I cringed a bit.

Not slagging him off, but it’s like something Wilder would say. And whilst I do like having a manager who speaks his mind and is passionate and everything Jos wasn’t...saying stuff like that can play into the oppositions hands.

Save the trash talk for after the game.

There's two ways of looking at it.

They do think it's their cup final, they are going to be up for it so no harm done.

As a general rul running down the opposition is a bad idea, it makes their managers job easier, ' They don't respect us, let's go out there and show them.' We don't need to shoot ourselves in the foot and make things harder so always be respectful of the opposition.

As a club we've had a problem beating rubbish teams, as if the players expect it to be easy and don't try very hard. Running down the opposition isn't a good idea if it exacerbates that problem.