A12owl

The club should set a precedent over FF mistreatment.

He’s a little sh*t sometimes but does get singled out by refs, it’s not fair really

• Agree 8

Did he jump in the crowd or not?? Seen someone said ve didn't and some say he did, if he left the field of play then it's a yellow card with him already been on a booking making it a red 

Edited by Mardy Bum

I'd be interested to know what the club  or any club can do in these circumstances, granted probably nothing and ok this thread could have been in the owlstalk one but hey ho.

He very much went into the crowd.

I don't know what videos are doing the rounds, but, after the bit were he was stood alone (and the fan came running to him), he came right up to the fans to the right of the goal (as you look from the pitch).

Stupid decision really, but he was caught up in the moment having been kicked up hill and down dale all afternoon.

I'm not sure whether anybody has any footage of the bit above, but to the letter of the law it was a second yellow.

Edited by zico.b

3 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

Did he jump in the crowd or not?? Seen someone said ve didn't and some say he did, if he left the field of play then it's a yellow card with him already been on a booking making it a red 

No footage exists if him leaving the pitch.

Footage does exist if the 15 seconds following our goal where he didn’t leave the pitch.

Only one Owlstalk poster (Ian) is claiming he left the pitch.

Seems doubtful.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Thanks.

Isn't this a forum for discussion? You don't have to comment if you don't want.

Thanks again for your input.

Why waste time discussing an appeal  that can't happen 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

No footage exists if him leaving the pitch.

Footage does exist if the 15 seconds following our goal where he didn’t leave the pitch.

Only one Owlstalk poster (Ian) is claiming he left the pitch.

Seems doubtful.

Every video iv sense hes either stood there on the left side of the goal with fan approaching him from the home or celebrating with fletcher and neither show him leaving the pitch hmmm.... 

2 minutes ago, zico.b said:

He very much went into the crowd.

I don't know what videos are doing the rounds, but, after the bit were he was stood alone (and the fan came running to him), he came right up to the fans to the right of the goal (as you look from the pitch).

Stupid decision really, but he was caught up in the moment having been kicked up hill and down dale all afternoon.

I'm not sure whether anybody has any footage of the bit above, but to the letter body the law it was a second yellow.

There is no rule about going up to the fans.

Did he go over the wall or stay the pitch side of the wall?  

That is the key.

i.e. Did he go towards fans or into fans?

And if into fans was that only because they had gone over the wall? I.e. they were in Forestieri’s space not him in their space.

• Agree 2

Definitely didn’t leave the pitch but the ref indicated it was his excessive celebration that he was booked for. Given that he then allowed a further one seconds play from the kick off it makes it even more bizarre. Would any other player have been booked for the same. No. Can owt be done about it. No. 

• Agree 2

Bruce might do a bit of reverse psychology though.

If all players previously done for that misdemeanour went into the crowd and FF didn’t, then he can spend the week saying FF is being picked on and point out don’t of the other harsh decisions he’s had, including the one when Bruce was at Hull. 

It is annoying that skilful players can get kicked all day and then get done the minute they express emotions. Even Zaha doesn’t get much protection in the Prem. 

• Agree 3

Can't you appeal a yellow if it is mistaken identity? 

Whatever the rules are it’s f ing ridiculous you can’t celebrate a goal with your fans. F ing w a nk 

• Agree 9

19 minutes ago, Mardy Bum said:

By that reasoning the ref failed in his duty.

All 10 outfield players plus the subs should have yellow cards.

They were all off the field of play (but not in the crowd)

• Agree 1

21 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Why waste time discussing an appeal  that can't happen 

Are you still here?

There seems to be a few people prepared to discuss a pointless thread .

• Agree 6

I agree with the op. It seems refs look for reasons to book him sometimes and he still has this reputation as diving every chance he gets. That cretin Ronnie Moore was going on about it.

I could understand it, to a degree, if he was going up to the Rotherham fans and goading them with a bit the Chris Maguire 'sit down' treatment, as that would be inciting...but celebrating a 100th minute equaliser after you've had the cr*p kicked out of you all game is really harsh. Especially when it means it's resulting in a red card. 

• Agree 2

If the Rovrum player who launched the corner flag towards the supporters had received a card for excessive celebration it wouldn't feel so bad  . Still not justified but consistency by the ref. 

Two idiot decisions by him constitute him being human. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

Can't you appeal a yellow if it is mistaken identity? 

If it was that ref from Millwall this would have been quite an easy argument to make.

• Haha 1