Unbeaten start to managerial reign

So far, so good, for New man, Steve Bruce.

According to wikipedia, Wednesday have had 33 different Managers plus several caretaker managers.

Just wondering about the record for the longest unbeaten run at the start of a Wednesday managerial reign. It surely lies with Dave Jones doesn't it, in 2012?

Billy Walker. First game in charge was a 3-1 win at Liverpool on 9 Dec 1933 (he'd been appointed the previous day) but wasn't defeated until losing 0-2 at Man City in a replayed F A Cup tie on 21 Feb 1934....his 17th game in charge. The original cup tie against City saw the Hillsborough attendance record of 72,841 set.

As he later managed Chelmsford City who I also watch regularly I did a couple of articles on him for a City publication three or four years back. I found some interesting snippets; for instance he tried, at different times, to sign both Stanley Matthews and Tommy Lawton for Wednesday, he also used to follow some training sessions perched by the scoreboard on top of the old Leppings Lane shed. Some years later, when he was managing Forest and in a game against Bury which they had to win to stay up, he stayed in his office all afternoon rather than watch the game. Forest won but the still went down as other results went against them.

Oddly enough both he and his Wednesday successor, Jimmy McMullan, died on precisely the same day....28 Nov 1964.