Big shake up

Hopefully today is the green light to drop players, change our tactics and style. 

Nothing to lose now - we can’t even manage to pull together half a dozen shots at the minute, so it’s clear we are so lacking in creativity when phasing from defence to attack. 

Inject some pace - start Aarons and Iorfa. Get men forward earlier in the attack - why are we pinging it to Fletcher on his own up top? Sick of seeing Hector launching 40 yard passes that are miles off. I honestly don’t think we manage to get shots off because there are f*ck all of our players in the final third - they’re all blowing behind or sat in our half incase we lose possession. 

And Hutch and Bannan can’t play together - one needs to go. 

We need more than a big shake up. 

We have too many players that are happy picking up their wages and don’t want to put any effort in. We need to clear the decks and start again. However I’m worried that an embargo is going to stop this happening and we are going to end up in the massive poo this summer. Hope I’m wrong and we can give Bruce the money he needs to sort this poo out.

If the players don’t care, why were they so chuffed at the end?

The lack of legs/ energy/ youth - call it what you will means we couldn’t do a gegenpress for 5 minutes never mind 90. To boot, the promble of pace and midfield muscle has been with us since the first play off final.

I think Steve Bruce knows this and will refresh the squad to that end. Wheel deal and loans - just watch. 

Meanwhile the imbalance of the team will continue to frustrate not just fans but the players in it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'd get rid of Bannan before Hutchinson.

I'd long thought of Hutchinson being the main problem to our midfield's dynamism, but it doesn't really seem to matter who Bannan plays with in the centre, or even how things are set up, his will to get on the ball is stronger than his will to be effective in the final third, and as such he'll pretty much always come deep and sit deep so that he can receive and then give the ball without much hassle.

I'd love to see Bannan in a more forward role, but even when we seemingly set up like that, as the game draws on Bannan just ends up sitting deep.

We need in a midfield partner to Hutchinson a player that doesn't feel the responsibility of dictating play all the time. It's a shame we've not been able to get a consistent tune out of Onomah thus far, whether that be for injury or form. We'll rail at his work rate at times, but at least that's a player whose will is to get into the final third, and that's a will that he feels far more strongly than the will just to be on the ball, as is the case with Bannan.

Bannan could potentially fetch us in some money too in a way that I doubt that Hutchinson ever could (due solely to injury history).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

If the players don’t care, why were they so chuffed at the end?

The lack of legs/ energy/ youth - call it what you will means we couldn’t do a gegenpress for 5 minutes never mind 90. To boot, the promble of pace and midfield muscle has been with us since the first play off final.

I think Steve Bruce knows this and will refresh the squad to that end. Wheel deal and loans - just watch. 

Meanwhile the imbalance of the team will continue to frustrate not just fans but the players in it.

Nailed it mate.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Yep. The characteristics of the players don’t go all that well together. 

Trying to make an actual style of play looks like a big task to me. 

7 hours ago, james o connor said:

I’d happily see the back of anyone bar 5 or 6 of the defence . Hutchinson , bannan , reach, Forestieri , fletcher ... the list goes on are earning mega bucks yet do f all . It’s embarrasing to be honest . We are the most stale and poorly run club in the league 

I know there's a lot of venom for Jos Luhaky at the moment, but jesus wept Carlos has a lot to answer for.

4 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I know there's a lot of venom for Jos Luhaky at the moment, but jesus wept Carlos has a lot to answer for.

luhkay was a sticking plaster, and not a good one at that.

this lot is carlos' fault, but not totally, at some point the bloke in charge has to agree the 'one idea' route, or cuts carlos free to do as he wishes, either way the blame is not all coco's.

I’d rather the coach work with the players he has All this talk about a mass clear out is totally unrealistic. Yes we have players who are out of contract, and many of those have rarely contributed in recent times, so it makes sense that they should go. However, it would be unreasonable for us to think that we could attract any more than say, half a dozen quality recruits. That means that most of the others will stay, and the manager will have to work with them. That is the sensible way to do things